How to swap player authorization?

Hello,

I have a problem with a player that no longer updates (today).
It worked for 3 weeks. I am on Xibo Version 3.3.2. Installation on Ubuntu 18.04 with Docker.

This is an android tv on which I have installed the android apk. I find out, after applying for a screen shot request, that the problem certainly comes from the fact that the player is not authorized… I don’t know where to swap this authorization in the administration interface (or on the player). I’ve put two screenshots for you: the problem TV and a working firestick.

Thank you to who will manage to help me.
(You can also teach me how to write better in English :smiley: )

[image]
23-03-23-Displays _ Xibo Digital Signage et 5 pages de plus
23-03-23-Displays _ Xibo Digital Signage et 5 pages de plus -002

Hi Piron. The entry in your player status log is referring to the fact that your player is not licensed. You will need to license it again using the license code you have purchased.
If you have not purchased a license code for your Xibo players then this would explain why the player is showing as not licensed. The Xibo for Android, Tizen and webOS displays all require a license to be able to use them beyond the initial 14 day trial. You are welcome to create a ticket on the help desk for further support licensing your displays.

Many Thanks.

Hi @DanBW ,

Thank’s for your response.
How much does a license cost per device? I thought opensource software didn’t require this step. Do I have to pay for the license once or every year?

Hi @Piron

The Xibo for Windows and Linux players are open source. These players do not require a license. The Android, Tizen and webOS players are not open source, which is why they require licenses after the initial trial period.
Pricing varies depending on the player platform you are using and the type of license you choose. Your screenshot refers to a Firestick, so I assume you are using Xibo for Android for at least one of your displays.

It would be best to discuss pricing with a member of the sales team in the help desk, or you can take a look at the Xibo pricing page here. Personally I would recommend opening a sales ticket but the link should also answer a lot of your questions.

Many Thanks.

HI @Piron

Please remember this is a public forum, it’s not the best place to discuss pricing or your organisation requirements for licensing. It’s also worth noting that I provide technical support so I’m not the best person to discuss pricing with :sweat_smile:

If you have questions then I again reiterate that the sales team would be best suited to answer your questions. You can create a ticket here.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.