Help needed to display icon flag in column

KAMIZAKI,

It does not look like you have a column in the dataset for the flag image file. Please go to “dataset” then click the down arrow next to the dataset you are working on. Then click on “View Columns”, and “Add Column”. Please fill in the form as follows and click save:

Next go back to the dataset click on the down arrow and then click on View Data. Next we want fill out bgImagePath for each flag image. So the flag for USD would read “file:///d:/xibo_layout/drapeaux/USD.jpg”, if those images files are jpg’s.

cslaughter,
the column i chose for image is the first one( Pays)

is it ok like this or i have to change it like yours ?

KAMIZAKI,

How you have it will work fine.

Now you just need to fill out “Pays” data to go to the image file path such as, “file:///d:/xibo_layout/drapeaux/USD.jpg” for USD.

Edit: You did check to make sure the webserver has access to “d:/xibo_layout/drapeaux”, correct??

cslaughter,
sorry i dont know how to check it

KAMIZAKI,

Its been a while since I have ran Apache web server on Windows, so i am afraid I am unable to tell you how to check that.

Lets keep going and see if we run into a problem, then we will see about making sure the permissions are correct.

cslaughter,

ok thanks

KAMIZAKI,

After you have the image paths entered, we need to go to the layout, dataset, and the “Advanced” tab.

I believe it is under the “td.DataSetColumn” section, there we want to add “background-image: url([pays|1]);”.

Then afterwards please check to see if you see any images. Also check to make sure they are showing in the correct place.

cslaughter,
not showing any thing may be im entring wrong code

KAMIZAKI,

Can you post a screen shot of some of the data entered into the dataset for the path and the also a screen shot for the CSS code on the layout?

cslaughter,
Hi,
i try many exem

ples like this 2 BUT NOTHING

cslaughter,
bingo, i found something very interesant when i use image from url it apear ,im on the right way now

cslaughter,
thanks for your help.

KAMIZAKI,

Your welcome.

Just keep in mind you are not pulling the image path from the dataset. But if that works for you then :thumbsup:

Also, just so you know, the formats I saw in the pictures are pretty close, I believe the format should be background-image: url([pays|1]);

1 Like