HDMI Turn off turns off the player also

On some Android dsc95 Players we have a HDMI turn off command at 10 o’clock in the evening. I am wondering: They are also offline after this command. No error no turning on in the morning. We have to restart them.

Hi @sasch90 ,

On some displays, there is a feature where when the display is powered off, the display sends a Power Off command to HDMI CEC devices connected to the display as well. I would recommend checking if your display has such a feature and, if so, to disable it.

I had the same problem with a customer. When using the HDMI CEC stop command on an Android DSCS95, the Samsung screen (low cost) sends a signal back to the Android box to turn itself off.
We are looking for an HDMI cable with a unilateral signal.

Isn‘t there a way to disable this on the player in the settings? I try it on Monday

Nop, we only have 3 “HDMI CEC” settings with Android 9. All 3 settings have the same result.
And there are no settings on the Samsung screen other than enabling or disabling HDMI CEC.

Apparently with Android 11, a 4th setting allows you not to accept the return.
When will Android 11/12 be upgraded to Android DSDC9X?

In fact, several of my customers reject older Android versions. I’m (and Xibo) losing sales :sleepy:

Oh no, these are bad news, we tried it today for two hours without luck :grinning: