Hard to get started

Hi xibo community.
I want to make a Xibo module for Kinect usage. The problem here is that i am new to Xibo Module development and it is very hard for me to get started. I only found the template_module.php which i dont really understand. Is there someone who made a guide on how to get started with developing. Or some explained examples etc. The examples dont have to use Kinect, a simple example would be enough.

Thank you for your time.
Fabian Maurhart

What exactly do you mean by “Kinect usage” and what do you want to do with it?

Thank you for the reply dan!
A user should be able to stand in front of the monitor where Xibo is displayed and swipe right or left with his hand. Switching between layouts.
But i can’t even make simple modules.

I’d hope that sort of thing might be covered in the interactive signage plans for 1.9 release - doing it now is not so easy. There are two possible routes:

• Edit the Player Source Code to include support for the Kinect
  • Build an API application which issues changeLayoutAction commands over the CMS API from an application you’ve written that talks to the Kinect.

In either case, i’d recommend looking at 1.8, it is the future and also has better documentation - you can start here: http://xibo.org.uk/manual-tempel/en/advanced.html