GPS Location Scheduling

Heya, I saw really old post about implementing GPS / location based scheduling to Xibo. As far as I have understood, there’s no such feature implemented yet.

Is it possible to do the necessary changes via additional plugin perhaps?

Or would it be easier/possible to send commands from another device / software VIA Player API? As we would prefer to have instant control over the content played, we were planning a tablet for manual control in local network, which would not require internet access.

Any thoughts if this idea is feasible?

Well, Xibo does takes, Lat/Lang in consideration and if you have module / app built to server geographical content then it works just fine!
I am working on mobile which uses Display GPS to show specific content.

Could you share more details how are you doing this? Last time I checked it was only possible to set GPS for fixed location. What I am looking is a mobile display installed on a vehicle and would like to use the changing location to trigger display content.

You can try to see if following way works.
Build standalone App in preferred client-side programming language (api) which can call back your service who serves content to the xibo template for your app, based on current location.

For templates, you can create a module for xibo, with which you will define look and feel for page, these templates gets downloaded on player once set on region’s playlist of layout.

Once html/xlf is downloaded on player, based on your schedule or camping, player will load this file in browser (player screen).
if your standalone App can serve data to this file on load then you can show almost anything, because GPS data calc can be done in App layer not in Xibo which will less complicated.

I havent tested this idea I’m proposing myself, but if you take a look at embedded or html modules shipped with Xibo, you will able to run some test with service and AJAX to check it works before actually building entire solution.

Good Luck!