Google maps address search problem

We have embedded google maps API V3 in our web site to enable the user to search for an address and get routing information. Exactly as it works on google maps. We start typing an address and see a couple of auto complete results from google in a drop down list. We select one of the addresses and it should fill the input field we started typing into. It works fine on chrome, internet explorer etc.
On the Windows Xibo player we see the autocomplete results but when selecting one of the results the data of the result we have selected doesn’t fill the input field.
Any ideas? It is something related to the player because on internet explorer and chrome it works perfectly.

Thanks,
Yariv

Just to confirm what player version are you using and are the browser emulation settings correctly added? (ie in the correct path)

I don’t think I’ve tested that use case, but I’d happy to run this layout locally, if you’d like to send it to me (via private message).

Hi,

It is working on one device and not on the other. The browser emulation feature is defined as far as I can tell. The XiboPlayer version is 1.8.2 on both and it’s windows 10 64 bit on both.
Here is a picture of the registry value:

We tried with the following link: https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/places-autocomplete-directions
I created a layout with this link and sent it to the display. If I use a keyboard or a mouse to select from the autocomplete results, the input field is filled and it works fine. When I touch with a finger it doesn’t work. The dropdown box is closed and the input field remains with the letters I started typing.

Same thing on another display works fine.

Following the previous message - the same google API URL works fine when we open it on internet explorer or chrome. Only through Xibo it is not working.
Please, any ideas? We counted on Xibo as a production platform for a large scale project in the field of smart cities.

We are supposed to have a working prototype on Monday.

I don’t recall how much does it matter, but 11000 should be set as decimal value, from your screenshot it’s set to 11000 in hex.

Could you clarify for me which one is it?
Is it not working at all on Xibo on various players or does it work on some of them?

We have two displays with a touch screen. It works on one and on the second one it doesn’t work.
Same OS, same configuration as far as I can tell.

Just wanted to update something here: The one that is working is windows 7!! The problem is only on windows 10.
If you open this link on a windows 10 with Xibo you will see the problem I describe (I hope…)

Just to clarify, you are literally putting the URL https://google-developers.appspot.com/maps/documentation/javascript/examples/full/places-autocomplete-directions

in the webpage module?

Not embedding the html with script and your own API Key?

I’m getting this when I run this example on W10 PC:

ie I believe it works fine here.

Hi,

Yes, for testing we sent this URL exactly as a web module and it doesn’t work on WIN10

Yariv

I don’t think that’s Windows 10 fault this time though, as I tested it on 2 completely separate and different devices today and it works fine.

I’d double check those browser emulation keys in registry and ensure they have correct value and are in the correct path.

Also when you say that it does not work, do you mean the page is not loading correctly or the autocomplete is not working?

Perhaps the places library is not loaded correctly for some reason (quick google search does show several of people with this problem).

It could be better to use embed html module and embed the code + of course use your own Google APi Key there

Failing that, you could look for errors in .htm file from player local library when they are open in the player local webserver.

ie Load correct .htm file from player library in the local webserver (in IE)

I believe it should be http://localhost:{PORTNUMBER}/{FILENAME}.htm

port number by default is 9696
You can double check that in Display settings page -> Edit display profile assigned to this display -> Advanced tab -> Embedded Web Server Port

file name - is the .htm file name that corresponds with this layout in the player library it will be for example something like 854.htm
so then you’d navigate to localhost:9696/854.htm

Xibo player must be running for the local webserver to work and obviously you’d need to check it on the PC that runs the player.

Once that’s up, open dev console and see if there are any errors etc.