Get display to show up on CMS

Hi
I’ve set up one display and the name of it appears on my CMS so i can assign it a layout etc. However i’m trying to set a second display up, but i’m not sure how i did it the first time. How can i assign a name to my second display and have it show up on my CMS?
Thanks
from Victoria

Hi Victoria,

First you’ll need to connect your second display device to the CMS.

For Android device:
You’ll need Xibo for Android application (you can download it here http://springsignage.com/xibo-for-android/),
open this app, in top right corner click on “connect to CMS” -> enter your CMS address and CMS Key

For Windows player:
You will need windows player ( :slight_smile: ) you can download it here http://xibo.org.uk/get-xibo/
Open Xibo Player Options and enter you CMS address and your CMS key

the CMS secret Key can be found in your CMS -> Administration->Settings

Best Wishes,
Peter

1 Like

Hi. Thank you for the reply. I already have XIBO installed on the new client and have entered my CMS address and CMS key. Getting to that part was fine. The problem is that the display isn’t showing up when i log onto my CMS. In the CMS, when i go to Displays, it shows that i have one linked (call it 01) however my new display (call is 02) isn’t appearing. When i look at what 02 is showing, it’s only getting half the display, not the whole one. So something somewhere has linked as at least it’s getting half the display, but i’d like to assign my layout to it correctly and see if that sorts the issue out. That’s where my issue is because it isn’t showing up on my CMS.

If that doesn’t make sense do let me know :slight_smile: It’s a hard thing to explain

Dear Victoria,

The second display may well have the same unique identifier as the first one. If that’s the case this post should help you:

If this isn’t it, could you provide us with screenshot of your issue? That way it should be clear what’s going on :smile:

Best Wishes,
Peter

Hi Peter
Thank you for the help. It looks like it was the display ID. Thank you for that :slight_smile: It is now showing up on my CMS list. Although my issue now is that it’s pulling up an old background to display rather than the new one. Any ideas how i can get it to take the new one?? It has the correct layout now assigned to it and picks up the media on that layout, but won’t pick up the background :confused:

Nevermind :slight_smile: There were some old settings knocking about on the laptop i was using. Managed to get it all up and running :slight_smile: Thanks again for the help :slight_smile:

Awesome, I am happy that everything is good now :relaxed:

Best Wishes,
Peter