Full date in embedded webpage instead of only day

Player Version

1.8-R6 running on Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS

Issue

I developed this layout originally for the windows player. But there was a problem in which the text of every widget showed 1-2ms later. And that caused that the text flowed over in every next slide for the same 1-2ms.

I tested the linux player and that player doesn’t have that problem. So i reinstalled the pc’s with Ubuntu 20.04.2.0 LTS configured the machine and player and scheduled the layout. Everything is running perfectly except one thing! I embed a webpage with the weather forecast since the customer loves this layout. On the original windows player this embedded webpage ran perfectly but in the embedded xibo browser (webkitgtk) i believe the day converts to a full date and time somehow.

Obviously i would like the webkitgtk player to show monday, tuesday, wednesday like the windows player did.

I troubleshooted this on Ubuntu in the local firefox browser, and that shows the day and not the full date and time. Is there a way i can fix this ? I also tried setting Administration - Settings - Regional - Date format to “d” instead of “Y-m-d H:i” but that didn’t seem to work.

This is the correct one in firefox on Ubuntu

This is the wrong one run embedded in xibo

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.