Forecast IO does not appear

Hello,

I want to display the weather on a disposition but the region appears to be empty. Actually when I add a region with a Forecast IO and click on ‘Request Forecast’ I get this (No data returned, please check error log.) error.

I’m using IIS7

What can I do?

Thanks in advanced!

Without wanting to be facetious :smile: - have you checked the error log?

Joking aside, if the request forecast button doesn’t return any data it is usually an indication that you are missing a php module or experiencing some other environment issue (like SSL certificates).

There is some stuff on this here:

Hey!! Actually, I tried it but my log is empty, I already went to Preferences->Troubleshooting and set ‘Log Level’ to audit, but even if I click on Save button, the ‘Log Level’ value resets to ‘error’.

I tried the steps of the link in your last comment, but it does not work yet.

Maybe with the log errors I would have a better idea about what to try, but without it I’m kind of lost :weary:

I also turned the log on in the display by selecting ‘Yes’ in the ‘Edition/Creation’ field of the edition window.

Sorry if some label names are incorrect but I have Xibo language set to Spanish.

I am having the same issue.

I have upgraded the CMS to 1.7.2 and I get the following when I Request Forecast:

Additionally, when I go back to try again I get this:

When I type the How Dark Sky users can use the Apple Weather app - Apple Support in the URL of IE in our server it pulls the .json and pulls a call from the https://developer.forecast.io/ site. However when I select Request Forecast from the Forecast IO module in CMS it does not make a call

You would need proxy settings on the CMS for that to work, but in the other thread you said you removed them?

Correct. There is no proxy setting currently configured in CMS. I did enable CMS with our proxy settings and it did not yield any different results.

Additionally, we referenced an earlier post Using Tickers, Forecast, Twitter and other external resources that make use of HTTPS connections about adding an updated certificate for curl and the subsequent and edit on the php.ini config file both with the proxy settings configured in CMS and without the settings configured with no success.

It’s definitely not going to work without proxy settings in if your internet access is via a proxy!

And you restarted your webserver after editing the php.ini file?

If so, what’s in the CMS logs?

Yes, the web-server was restarted via command line.

Regarding the Logs I have a post in another topic stating my inability to get them:

I’ve replied to your message. It needs to go in a new thread as it has nothing to do with the Android client thread on which the reply was posted.

Additionally 1.7.3 should be released later today or during the day tomorrow which has the fix for your problem with proxy settings in it, so I’d recommend waiting for that, upgrading, and then coming back to this when your environment is configured correctly.

Can you try going to the Fault page and setting debugging ON from there? It sounds like you have something rather wrong if you can’t update settings either.

Your log shows that an API request is made by the CMS, but never returned - I suspect a fatal error. Can you switch your installation into test mode in the Settings and try the “request forecast” tab again?

You are correct. What can I do to rectify this error?

Change this line:
https://github.com/xibosignage/xibo-cms/blob/develop/modules/3rdparty/forecast.php#L44

To:

if (\Config::GetSetting('PROXY_HOST') != '' && !\Config::isProxyException($request_url)) {

I’ve submitted a bug.

1 Like

It worked! Thank you so very much.

2 Likes

Hi sir, at my Region Timeline did not have Forecast IO. Can you help me to find out the solution sir.

You will most likely need to install Forecast/weather module before you can use it.

Navigate to Modules page in CMS -> Install the forecast and then please look here - http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/media_module_weather.html