Forecast IO behind proxy

I see the file is 122kb but i don’t have hunderds of them. Where do i need to find the logs then ? I used the Report Fault there i enabled the debug option.

When I try to download the file you uploaded it says it’s 0KB

Could you try uploading it somewhere else please or try uploading it again?

I’ll hope this one works:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/617905/troubleshoot--3--txt.html

We need to try and get some more error logging from Xibo to see why the request is failing. At the moment all we get is an error code 0, which means “host not found”.

I have added some extra logging to this file. Can you please patch that whole file in your CMS installation and then repeat the procedure you used to generate the last troubleshoot.txt file (it contained the correct logging, so repeat the procedure exactly).

Hi Dan,

Thanks for the help i updated the file and this is the log:

http://www.megafileupload.com/en/file/617920/troubleshoot-txt.html

So the error is:
“2015-03-12 16:03:50”,“Forecast\Forecast”,“request”,“Unable to reach Forecast API. No Host Found (HTTP Code 0). Curl Error = SSL certificate problem: unable to get local issuer certificate”

Sounds like you need to setup your certificates for your PHP installation:

Alternatively that could be because your proxy server is doing SSL bumping (where SSL connections are intercepted for filtering/auditing purposes) in which case you need to get your organisations root certificate added to the certificate bundle file (from the article I just linked) so that PHP sees the connection to Forecast.io with your organisations faked certificate as valid.

Thnx for the help i will look into it :smile:

I have installed 1.7.3 and the exception seems to be work perfectly. (Do ya’ll have a donation page?)

I’m still working through getting the Forecaste IO to work.

Here are the audit logs I am getting:

I have reset my API Key multiple times. Is is possible that an older key is cached and not the newer one?

We do have a donation page here:
http://xibo.org.uk/donate/

Could you capture fresh logs please from 1.7.3 CMS and then we can see what the issue is. Use the report fault wizard to generate a troubleshoot.txt.

You should redact any sensitive information

1 Like

What’s the best way to send you the .txt file?

You could use a dropbox, google drive or similar - any service that allows you to upload a file and then share a public link. Personally I use dropbox :slight_smile:

Please can you fix the issue with your filesystem permissions first, then run this again with a layout with just the Forecast module on it. Wading through all the other logging from your other regions is really tricky!

I’ll work on the permissions issue today and reach back out with the results.

I had our systems administrator take a look on the file permissions and they are set appropriately.

Before upgrading 1.7.3 we would at least get the Alien looking icons on the weather layout, now we are only getting a blank layout screen. When I press the Request Forecast button in the layout settings nothing happens. I then hit save and go back to check the Forecast tab and this is all that’s there:

{“id”:“ID”,“value”:“TITLE”,“main”:"<div class=“container”>\n <div class=“daily-forecast”>[dailyForecast]</div>\n <div class=“powered-by”>Powered by Forecast</div>\n</div>",“daily”:"<div class=“day”>\n <div class=“day-icon”><i class=“wi [wicon]”></i> [temperatureMinFloor] / [temperatureMaxFloor]<i class=“wi wi-degrees”></i></div>\n <div class=“day-desc”>[summary]</div>\n</div>",“css”:“body {\n font-family:Arial;\n margin:0;\n padding-top: 5px;\n}\n\n.container {\n text-align: center;\n}\n\n.icon {\n font-size: 36px;\n}\n\n.desc {\n margin-top: 10px;\n font-size: 30px;\n}\n\n.powered-by {\n font-size: 12px;\n clear: both;\n}\n\n.day {\n margin-top: 10px;\n font-size: 48px;\n}”}

They aren’t - at least they weren’t with the logs you sent over before. Are those permission denied messages gone from the log now? If not, you still have the same problem

Yes, the permission errors are gone. It seemed like the errors were present because it was unable to write the err_log.xml to C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xibo. After making an adjustment to that folder the err_log.xml has been created but upon opening it we get the following:

“Resolved language en_US not available.\n\nSQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column ‘type’ at row 1\n\n” I have no idea what this means.

Additionally, when I go back to the CMS logs the only thing that stands out as a problem for the Forecast IO weather request is the following:

What does the highlighted portion mean?

It means that there’s no cached response for the call to Forecast IO API.

My best guess here is that there’s a filesystem permission issue such that the CMS can’t write that file to the cache folder in the CMS library.

Please can you check that the permissions are correct on the Xibo library and all folders within it - such that the webserver can read/write/modify/delete all files in those locations

We have made sure that c:\xibolibrary\ , and all sub-folders, have the correct permissions on the sever. We gave the account Full Control and there are files being written in the cache folder from the Xibo CMS. Just not from Forecast IO…

Our Environment Checks all look fine as well:

I’m at a lose as to what else to check.