First time using Xibo - unable to get into CMS

Hello everybody!

This is my first time using Xibo for commercial purposes for one of our clients, and I think we have a big problem.

To put into context, this client has Xibo running to show some commercial videos in the hall of the school, and now they want to change them. Well, this shouldn’t be complicated if you were familiar using Xibo (not my case), but the worst, the IT guy who built Xibo and know how it works unfortunately passed away, so I have no idea of what Xibo is and how it’s built in this client. I am alone with no idea and digging and trying to understand what is is, how it works and how I can achieve a simple task as it’s replace some videos for others…

The problem is I’m unable to get into the CMS through a web browser. I al ways get the following SQL error (should be localhost once I’ve checked Xibo Player options):

Fatal Error - sorry this shouldn’t happen. SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] No se puede establecer una conexi�n ya que el equipo de destino deneg� expresamente dicha conexi�n.

I’ve tried to get support from Xibo support, and even though they’ve tried a lot of things to help me out, this support goes beyond of their scope and they send me here for your help.

I know this is a complicated scenario given the fact I have no idea of how this work and there isn’t internal documentation left, so I’m almost blind here.

Don’t know what kind of data I should provide you in order to get a hand from your side, but please let me know.

Many thanks in advance!

Best regards

Morning,

According to error the web server can NOT connect to the database,

A. Make sure your database server is running
B. Make sure the host, username and password settings in Xibo are correct.

Unfortunately you will need to do this through the console, so you might need to get someone to help you, if you don’t know how linux works, unless this system is installed on a windows box.

Sebastian

Morning Ksainc,

A. I’m able to get into phpMyAdmin, because this computer has XAMPP up and running with Apache and SQL services. Does this answer the question? If not, how can I check it?

B. How can I check this?

The computer is Windows 10 if it helps…

Thanks,

Best regards

Okay, if you can access the database then you need to check the following,

A. Make sure there is a user account for xibo in the database server, with permissions to the correct database, and permissions for a connection from the IP that the code executes on. (If they are on the same machine, you should have something like user@localhost or user@127.0.0.1, in the permissions)
B. Make sure the xibo config file has the correct information for host, database, username and password. (Install Directory)/web/settings.php)
C. Make sure the host in the settings file and the db access permissions have the same value. If you are using localhost, there needs to be a access permission of user@localhost in the db server (this is a mysql flaw if come across may times).
D. Make sure if you are using localhost that resolves to 127.0.0.1

Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

A. I think these are the use permissions for xibocss’s DB.

B. I’ve run a search of settings.php, and there are several coincidences. Which one is the correct?
settings_php

C. I think I need to get an answer from A and B first.

D. How can I check that?

Thanks,

Best regards

Morning,

A. Looks good.
B. Is (Install Directory)/web/settings.php)
C. Yes
D. Open command prompt, and “ping hostname”

Sebastian

Hey Sebastian,

Here is the content of the settings.php file:

<?php /* * Xibo - Digital Signage - http://www.xibo.org.uk * * This file is part of Xibo - and is automatically generated by the installer * * You should not need to edit this file, unless your SQL connection details have changed. */ defined('XIBO') or die(__("Sorry, you are not allowed to directly access this page.") . "
" . __("Please press the back button in your browser.")); global $dbhost; global $dbuser; global $dbpass; global $dbname; $dbhost = 'localhost'; $dbuser = 'userxibo'; $dbpass = 'qwe123'; $dbname = 'xibocss'; if (!defined('SECRET_KEY')) define('SECRET_KEY','L6oM7bYEX90k');; if (file_exists('/var/www/cms/custom/settings-custom.php')) include_once('/var/www/cms/custom/settings-custom.php'); Are values correct according phpMyAdmin screenshot? Are B and C questions answered with this information? Regarding point D, if I launch a ping to hostname I get this: *Ping request could not find host hostname. Please check the name and try again* Thanks, Best regards

Looks like your CMS is using username “userxibo” but according to the picture there is no user “userxibo” assigned to the “xibocss” database.This is your problem.

Morning Sebastian,

How can I fix it?

I’d like to share with you something I think worth highlight it. In the computer where Xibo is running there’s a local user, Admin, and I think that local Windows user has something to do with Docker because I saw a Docker folder in his local profile.

Since I’ve seen that Xibo can be installed in a Docker container, could it be related here?

Thanks,

Best regards

Morning,

Yes Xibo CMS can be installed in a docker container but that complicates things, because you need to figure out if its running from the docker container or from the XAMP stack.

I’ll send you my email in a private message and we can do a remote session.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.