File warning opening PPTX files

I’m at my wits end now. I’ve been working on this for 3 hours! I’m using latest client and server and windows 7 client player

All I want to do is have a 2 minute PPTX file loop for 6 minutes and then move on to another section of the layout.

What is happening is I get a white screen with navigation error on it and a file download box. I want the file to just open automatically and play. I’ve done all manner of registry hacks and it’s still not working.

Anyone got any ideas?

I’ve even tried ticking the CEF option but the player still seems to be using IE and it’s associated file download warning. The machine is virgin, there are no group policies applied to it.

Have you tried exporting the pptx file as a video?

Thanks for that thought, I can do that, however I’m trying to make this foolproof for teachers who have neither the time nor the inclination to do anything more than make the powerpoint!

It’s an option, but I’d rather just have it work as a PPTX if it is at all possible.

Any further thoughts? I can’t believe I’m the only person here who wants to run a powerpoint!

This is documented in the FAQ here:

It’s also documented in the PowerPoint section of the manual.

You will need to edit the following in the windows registry for pptx:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\PowerPoint.Show.12]
“BrowserFlags”=dword:800000A0
"EditFlags"=hex:00,00,01,00

The documentation is at http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/media_module_powerpoint.html

I was able to get the powerpoint to play with no warnings/asking to open.

2 Likes