Error upgrading clients

I recently upgraded my server to 1.8.11. I was upgrading my clients to R107 and encountered a problem. 15 of the clients upgraded with out problems but 2 of them refuse to upgrade. I get the error message, Unexpected Error Please Contact Support. I have sent reboot commands to both players but they still won’t upgrade. They continue to check into my server.

If you try and install the upgrade manually on the Player will it install?

Are they DSCJ18 or DSCJ19 Players (or are your other Players those) as those require a different APK to the rest.

I am using the correct APK. I am using the same APK as a dozen other identical players on my network. The took the upgrade. I cannot apply the update locally as the two players that refuse to upgrade are not local to me. One is in Hawaii and the other is in North Carolina.

Any ideas on this? I still can’t get those two players to upgrade.

You would need to try and manually apply the upgrade. I suspect that the version installed on those devices is not the same version you think it is, and that’s why it won’t upgrade.

Installing it manually will likely bring up an error message saying that the APK is incorrectly signed (because the version installed already isn’t signed in the same way - eg because it’s a white label or similar), or it will install a second copy of Xibo for Android (because it’s a different application completely).