Error message: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel

Hi everyone,

I have a problem with my Xibo configuration. If I try to let the signage player connect to the CMS I get the following error:

Status
The request was aborted: Could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.

Where does this go wrong?

CMS address used (if you want to try this out for yourself): see the attached image.

Any help is appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

Hi!

Your SSL certificate seems OK, although it’s pretty restrictive.

I’d guess either the date/time is incorrect on the server or the Player machine, or there’s missing windows updates, it also looks like the ssl certificate only likes IE11 too so it may be worth checking that too. (also after initial connection it might be good to do this - browser emulation setting).

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your reaction!

The server is set up to the latest security standards, meaning all non-safe SSL connections are not allowed. Maybe that’s the reason why it can’t connect? The signage player however, should be able to connect using a SSL connection with a modern cipher suite.

I added the DWORD values, but there was no effect. This is the log I get when starting the Xibo player:

RequiredFilesAgentThread|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|RequiredFilesAgent - Run|WebException in Run: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.
ScheduleAgentThread|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|ScheduleAgent - Run|WebException in Run: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.
LogAgent|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|LogAgent - Run|WebException in Run: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.
RegisterAgentThread|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|RegisterAgent - Run|WebException in Run: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.
UI Thread|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|xmds_GetResource|Unable to get Resource: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.
UI Thread|6-4-2016 02:33:24|Error|xmds_GetResource|Unable to get Resource: De aanvraag is afgebroken: Kan geen beveiligd SSL/TLS-kanaal maken.

The date/time on the server is correct.

During installation all requirements where OK, however one non critical extension was not available:

Internationalization International Support for formatting Dates, Numbers, etc.Translations will still function without this PHP module, however dates, times and numbers will not be shown in your locale.

What to do?