Error "Help: GDBus.Error This call is not available inside the sandbox - snapcraft - snapcraft.io" on Xibo Player (ubuntu) webpage Widget

Hi !

Player Version

1.8R6 or 1.8R7 beta (same problem)

Xibo player running on OS :

Ubuntu 22.04

CMS : Xibo 3.0.3

Issue

I want to display a schedule on a display since several days. To make a test I launched a browser on the computer behind (Intel NUC) and the schedule is displayed but not when xibo player is launched.

We encountered the following error on webpage widget for the link below :
https://app.myapischool.fr/public/planning_rooms/27be201b-eef9-4818-bbdd-d1d67c19d5ba

On CMS editor page, it’s working :

In web browser (firefox/chrome/edge):

Please could you help us ?

Regards
Maxime

1 Like

I have exactly the same problem and with the same characteristics, I need help please

Not sure which browser on the linux is being used. But if you could try to open the webpage on the same player in the installed browser, does it works?

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes, on the player, in Chrome or Firefox, the webpage displays without any issue, and even in the conception page on the CMS.

The issue occurs only in the Xibo Player widget, on Xibo player display.

Thanks for your help.
Maxime

Not sure how the linux version uses a browser. You could check out the source files, maybe you can see something there

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.