Embedding link to stream tvcatchup knocks off other regions?

Hello,

I’ve recently setup a windows 7 client and i’m trying to embed a link which will display TV Catchup so we can stream the news.

I’ve had this setup and working once before but i had to re-create it as i had a problem with popups on the stream which caused the client to crash.

For some reason when i embed any website at all, it will knock off all other regions so then theres nothing being displayed. However if i remove the region with the website link embedded, it works fine. this includes videos, pictures and text.

I have had this working recently but now i’m getting no joy?

Could someone please advise! All help is appreciated.

Thanks!
-Shaun

What CMS and player version are you using please?

Hello!

Thanks for your reply, sorry i forgot to mention this part.

I’m using Version 1.7.5 on the CMS and client is running 1.7.8 i think.

Thanks!
-Shaun

It would be good to use CMS in 1.7.8 as well, if you could upgrade it, that could help - http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/release_notes_1.7.8.html

Since you already have 1.7.8 Xibo for Windows, do you also have IE 11 installed on that PC?
(I’m thinking about this - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player)
1.7.8 does that registry change during installation (if IE11 is installed).

I’ve added the registry key, no effect but i’m going to update CMS when i have time.

I’ll get back to you thank you for your help!

If the CMS upgrade would not help, you can export your layout and send it to me here or via pm (in either case you’ll probably need to use dropbox/similar to upload it and share the link with me)

Hello!

So we’ve decided to setup a new CMS server incase we some how break our current and updated it to 1.7.8, we’re testing it on our client which also runs the same version and now we can’t seem to get anything apart from the background to display?

The default template works but if i copy it and change the text nothing shows?

I’ve exported the layout if you could take alook,

sorry it’s 6 days later we’ve been busy :confused:
Thanks!
-Shaun

I can have a look, please upload it to dropbox/similar and share the download link with me (perhaps via pm not here).

Perhaps I’ll have some suggestions once I’ll have a look at it.

1 Like

Hello

Sorry i forgot to add the drobbox link!

here you go!

I’ve also done a virus scan with our Sophos anti-virus for you to see.

better safe than sorry!

Thanks,
-Shaun

With this specific layout the only issue is 88888888s duration, it will break the layout.

If you change it to 8 or you know even 8888 it will work, but over 25000 hours is a bit too long (32bit limitation and Xibo for Windows is a 32bit application)

1 Like

Hello!

That seems to have fixed the displaying issue thank you!

I’m going to test the stream shortly it may be related!

I’ll keep you up to date!

Thanks

Hello,

After a quick test the streams seem to be working now!

Thank you so much for your support Peter!

The issues was i think updating the CMS with the same version as the client and the duration times on regions was too long.

Thanks!
-Shaun

Great, I’m happy to hear that it works now :slight_smile: