Embedded Youtube - but Muted

I did once mess around with datasets but never actually used it in production, i’ll remove it from the old install then import again.

Thanks

Well I think I’m there.

Its up, I’m in, all my media/displays/layouts are there, i didn’t go through an upgrade process this time though, just went straight to the dashboard, but it says its 1.8.

I do have a couple of questions if your able to answer them.

What is the recommend way of running docker - before, xibo was running on a sub domain of our webserver, which is a virtual machine. I’m guessing its not recommended to run docker on a virtual machine as it creates a vm itself?

If i wanted to move it to another machine would it just be docker-compose stop - copy the folder across then docker-compose start on the new machine?

I’m guessing i just point the clients at the IP of the machine docker is running on?

Thanks for all you help on getting me up and running!

Hi Alex,

I’ve run into another issue, origional video that this topic was about is playing with sound muted, but its restarting every 3 seconds. I don’t know if it’s just the video or the layout so I thought i’s add a normal video onto it but the client is throwing back this error…

Unable to get a list of required files. SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1366 Incorrect integer value: ‘’ for column ‘FileSize’ at row 1

I’m guessing this is because a file is too big? Any way increasing the limits, I cant see it in the settings.

Thanks

In a Linux VM, there’s no inner VM (it’s just running containers on the host’s kernel) so that works well on a virtual machine. On Windows, because there’s no Linux kernel, it needs a Linux VM to run. That may or may not be possible inside a VM depending on exactly what hypervisors you’re using.

If you wanted to move to a new machine, docker-compose stop, copy the whole shared folder and your config.env and docker-compose.yml file over to the new machine, and then run docker-compose up

The clients point to the IP address of the server - which isn’t ideal. Ideally, you’d be running a local DNS server somewhere so that you can refer to that IP address by name inside your network, and then the Players should be configured to look at that DNS name rather than the IP. Then you can move the CMS between physical servers or VMs or whatever as needed.

You need to edit your layout that contains the embed/web content, edit the widget, and tick the box “Use duration” and set the correct duration.

There’s an upgrade bug that unticks that box, so the duration is defaulted to whatever the module in use is set to.

I’m not sure about the FileSize error you’re seeing. How big is the video you’re uploading? It comes pre-configured for files up to 2GB (and I’ve tested uploads of that size).

Yeah i found that tick box and set it to the length of the video but it still restarting it, that why i went to put something else on the layout to see if it was the whole layout restarting or just that video.

The file that causing the error is 27Mb, so not massive at all.

This warning also comes up before it

7331 2017-03-28 16:17 SQLSTATE[01000]: Warning: 1265 Data truncated for column ‘widgetId’ at row 2

Swapped to a different video and it downloaded fine and has stopped the you tube one restarting, even after I have taken it off the layout. Maybe the duration setting to a while to filter down to the client.

We use hyper-v. I’ll just have to test it and see what the performance is like, but your saying I could just fine up a Linux vm and run it on there?

Glad you have it working.

Docker is much much easier to setup on Linux (VM or bare metal).

Pretty much just a case of installing Docker, docker-compose, and then copying your files over.

Hello Alex,

Don’t know if I should start a new thread but…

I’ve got xibo up and running using docker on a linux vm, imported all my old media.

I have updated a few clients to 1.8 and added them to the new cms install but for some reason my tickers that point at rss feeds arent returning any data. The just display the message that is set to display when no data is returned form teh source.

This happen on both the preview and the client.

Any ideas, it looks to me like they have no access to the internet. I have tried changing the proxy settings in the CMS from blank (using our transparent proxy) to the address of one of our proxy servers but this made no difference?

Are the RSS feeds over HTTPS? If so, is your proxy doing HTTPS interception?

If so, you’ll need to get the certificates the proxy uses in to the container.

The feed url only says its http not https

What is logged CMS side?

I’m guessing its these 3 lines

2029 6caba04 2017-04-06 14:04 XMDS POST ERROR DISPLAY1 GetResource Unknown error during getResource. E =
2028 6caba04 2017-04-06 14:04 XMDS POST ERROR DISPLAY1 GetResource Request failed for dataSet id=0. Widget=28. Due to No Records Found
2027 6caba04 2017-04-06 14:04 XMDS POST ERROR DISPLAY1 GetResource Unable to get feed: Operation timeout

Yes, so it’s unable to connect to the internet to fetch the feed - “Operation timeout”

Does the error change if you specify your proxy?

No, Same errors in the log.

If you run docker-compose ps, it will list the name of the running containers.

Find the one with cms-web in the name.

Then with that name, run

docker exec -ti name bash

That will open a console inside the container. From there, can you run:

wget http://url/of/your/rss

What do you get?

I get

"unable to resolve host address ‘feeds.bbci.co.uk

OK. You can type exit to get out of that terminal.

I suspect it’s the following:
https://robinwinslow.uk/2016/06/23/fix-docker-networking-dns/

Try making the change under the Update the Docker daemon section, and then

docker-compose down
docker-compose up -d

IM getting another error while trying to bring teh container back up now, and the error stays if i remove the daemon.json file and try and start it again.

ERROR: Couldn’t connect to Docker daemon at http+docker://localunixsocket - is it running?

If it’s at a non-standard location, specify the URL with the DOCKER_HOST environment variable.

Sounds as if the docker daemon isn’t running.

Did you get an error when you restarted it?

cancel that, that problem has gone after a restart, i think it.I just confused with permissions somewhere with writing to teh system files, restarted the vm and the container started fine