Embedded Youtube - but Muted

yeah i did delete teh old ones first, What i meant by I can just copy the new files over was it should work once the new files are there just like upgrading from 1.7.8 to 1.7.9 but its a different files set, there isnt even an index.php in teh folder

There isnā€™t no - because that folder shouldnā€™t be web servable. Only the web subdirectory. The stuff above that needs to remain in place however.

Which sub directory, i changed the path to the/web folder like i said (the instructions dont say you need to change anything) and that didnt work

web is the correct directory.

If itā€™s not working, then you need to investigate why.

As Iā€™ve mentioned before, we canā€™t provide support for custom installs outside Docker as there are simply too many variables.

Well im doing a docker install on the side but iā€™d like to get the iis one working for now as I dont want to install docker on main webserver and havenā€™t got time to setup a new vm for it

Iā€™d start by turning some logging on then so you can see what the 500 error youā€™re getting relates to.

As I said, my best guess would be a filesystem permissions issue.

Where am i meant to copy the settings file back into, the root or the /web?

It goes in the web folder.

1.8 is a different beast entirely and there will be lots of things you need to consider before you upgrade - getting settings.php in the right folder is the thin edge of the wedge.

All of this information is in the user manual and I am not sure how we can make it clearer?

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/release_notes_1.8.0.html#requirements

points you to:

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/manual_install.html

which tries to help as much as possible - but as Alex has said, we really canā€™t do more than guess when looking at custom installs.

If you are not prepared to use Docker, then you will need to understand the intricacies of the links i have pasted.

Do you know what versions of pho are required, i cant find that page again, we are running 5.3.13

PHP 5.6 (PHP 7 isnā€™t compatible)

Thatā€™ll be my issue then!

The first of many I suspect actually :slight_smile:

It is literally right above your reply :smiley:

http://xibo.org.uk/manual/en/manual_install.html

yeah i was typing it as the reply came in!

1 Like

Iā€™m 99% sure youā€™re going to hit the same issue mentioned here too, since PHP on Windows before PHP7 is 32 bit limited in integer values, even if your Windows is 64 bit.

Well im struggeling through a docker install atm so weā€™ll see how that goes!

1 Like

Well ive followed instructions and got to the bit when I run teh docker command but it threw these errors back at me. Any ideas?

You typically run from the Powershell prompt rather than cmd I believe.

Your also missing a - in your command. It should be

docker-compose up -d

assuming youā€™ve created and edited your config.env already?

Depending on how you have Docker setup on Windows (Toolbox vs Docker for Windows), if youā€™re using Docker for Windows, youā€™ll need to share your C: drive with the Docker VM so that we can write persistent data.

Thereā€™s a guide here: