DSCS9 Firmware Version

I just recieved some DSCS9 Players they came with android version 6, i have seen that there is a version 7 for the player, is there a reason to update? or should i continue using version 6.

Is there a list of the benefits?

Regards

If you’ve not deployed them yet, then I would suggest getting them upgraded before you do that as it will save you time in the future.

Android 7 has better support for concurrent video playback (ie playing 2 videos at once), and we also plan to be able to offer incremental firmware upgrades without needing to touch the device, but you will need to be on Android 7 to start with for that to work. The Android 7 firmware also has a newer version of WebView, which may resolve some issues you may have with specific websites that trigger bugs in older Google WebView versions.

Finally Android 7 has support for LetsEncrypt X1 root certificate out the box, which may be a concern for you if you host your own CMS. There’s more details on that here:

Beyond that, and in the vast majority of scenarios, there should be little appreciable difference.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.