Downscaling Video on Android Player

Hi

Not been around for awhile, apologies for that.

We’re running a few Android Players on Firestick (standard 1920x1080 type) , which I believe is generally unsupported, I’ve noticed if we ask it to play a 4000x2250 mp4 (h264) encoded video full screen in a full screen region, the video doesn’t play instead we get a xibo logo bottom right of the screen. 1920x1080 mp4 (h264) videos however do play correctly.

Is this likely to be an android player limitation or the hardware we are running it on?

I’ve no other Android devices to test this on.

Android player V206
CMS is 2.3.0

I don’t see anything in the release notes for v207 to V211 that mention resolving playback issues.

Thanks

Jeremy

Hi, Slight Inaccuracy , there’s a pause while each offending video should play, the timeline is interspersed with pictures and videos. Most videos are the correct 1920x1080. The Xibo logo is appearing at the end of the timeline when it should be repeating rather than when the video should play, after a while at least 30 seconds with this mini logo at the end of the sequence, the sequence starts again.

Downsizing the offending videos resolves both the playback issue and the xibo logo at the end of the sequence.

Generally can the Android client downsize video , or is it a hardware issue?

A windows xibo player played the layout correctly with the 4000x2250 resolution videos on a 1920x1080 screen and without the xibo logo appearing at the end of the sequence.

J

Thanks for your messages and for the details about the performance on different player versions. Could you provide a copy of the video for me in a private message and the answers to the following questions:

• What generation Firestick are you using?
  • What version of Android is installed on your Amazon firestick?
  • If you schedule just that video in a layout, what do you see on the status page for the Android player? If you see any errors, or if the ID of the video is listed under blacklist, please let me know.

Many Thanks,

Hi

Thankyou for getting back to me.

I believe it’s a Gen 2 firestick.
Not sure how to translate fire TV os to android version it’s running Fire OS 5.2.7.3
If I schedule the video under status I’m getting:-
Blacklist
[240.mp4] Unsupported Video. What=1.Extra=2147479551

Last 5 log messages
Method:XFA:LayoutManager.Message: setNextLayout:Cannot set the next Layout from the Schedule.Schedule Invalid or Completely Fulfilled.
Method:XFA:LayoutManager.Message: setNextLayout:Cannot set the next Layout from the Schedule.Schedule Invalid or Completely Fulfilled.
Method:XFA:LayoutManager.Message: Unable to StartNextLayout: Layouthas been changed after pre-check,probably due to blacklisted media.
Skipping…

Will send through private message once I figure out how to do so. PM will contain zip with original video , several attempts at converting video and the video that finally played. Thankfully example video is short (3secondsmax)

Thanks again

Jeremy

Hi
I managed to adb into the firestick and using

adb shell getprop ro.build.version.release

it’s reporting 5.1.1 as the Android version.

Jeremy

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.