Docker container does not start "xibo_cms-xmr_1"

Dear
Even working on installing the CMS, from one moment to another after a server power up, now does not show the XIBO CMS console. The message displayed by the browser.

Proxy Error

The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
The proxy server could not handle the request GET /.

Reason: Error reading from remote server

Now I check through SSH and execute the command “root @ XXXXX: / opt / xibo # docker-compose ps”, it shows me the following:

Name Command State Ports

xibo_cms-db_1 docker-entrypoint.sh mysqld Up 3306/tcp
xibo_cms-web_1 /entrypoint.sh Up 127.0.0.1:8080->80/tcp
xibo_cms-xmr_1 /entrypoint.sh Restarting

As shown, I see the container “xibo_cms-xmr_1” in constant reboot and I’m still waiting for it to start after several hours. Then I have executed the following command “docker exec -ti” and the container does not respond, as shown below.

root@dig-sig01:/opt/xibo# docker exec -ti xibo_cms-xmr_1 bash

Error response from daemon: Container 58f45c8bbf12b945c2aed3c460fe107acccef0e7e7674ed70063a054188dd22a is restarting, wait until the container is running

Finally I run the command “docker-compose logs | more” and it throws a lot of log and that in summary shows the following message repeatedly.

Finally I can not understand, because the message refers to a path (opt / xmr / index.php) that has never existed.

PD 01: it is a new installation where I will start my tests.
PD 02: I have installed XIBO Server 1.8.10 + Docker and operating system ubuntu 18.04
PD 03: My last activity was to configure the SSL Certificate (it worked well), then add a player device with S.O. Android and then see the message of “WELCOME TO XIBO - Open Source Digital Signage”. Later I turned off the virtual server because I had to go to sleep :), and the next day when I wanted to continue working the console did not work.
PD 04: I have also tried restarting the server, restart the docker-compose service, restart the apache2 (proxy ssl) service, manually stop each container and start it manually and nothing.

please your help, since it is a family endeavor and I have worked hard to advance this.

So XMR not starting won’t make any difference to whether you can log in to the web UI or not.

The path it references is inside the container, and should be writeable. It appears something has changed it and made it so it can’t write, so I would down that container and bring it up again to create it fresh, and that should be resolved.

With regard to your other issue, the proxy is saying it can’t connect to the CMS. You need to look at why that might be.

We have a guide that deals with putting the CMS behind a reverse proxy for SSL termination. You might want to check that you’ve done it in that way.

Alex
Thank you very much for your answer, for the issue of configuring the server with SSL support, take it out of your guide “Adding SSL Support”

https://community.xibo.org.uk/t/xibo-1-8-9-with-docker-on-ubuntu-16-04/9392

For now I am more concerned about the problem I have with the XMR, since I have everything fallen to be able to continue advancing with my tests and soon go out to production where I will need to buy licenses for the Android Player.

You could help me with a little more details and information on how to solve this XMR container problem, my knowledge in DOCKER is very low. :pray:

PS: For the future, you have some support service for the platform and where I can obtain these values.

regards

Did you try what I suggested?

Again, XMR will not prevent you from accessing the CMS web interface.

I would down the containers, and up them again - ie

docker-compose -f custom-ports.yml down
docker-compose -f custom-ports.yml up -d

Alex, if I executed that command and nothing. I just ran it and this is the result (image below, I connect remotely from my phone:crazy_face:)

and still the problem of the container in constant restart, some other idea that can help me.

Regards

OK, so ignore XMR for now. It’s not important at this stage.

Firstly we need to understand why you can’t access the web interface. So run

docker-compose logs cms-web

What does that show?

Alex, thank you very much.

I leave the result of the command line

root@dig-sig01:/opt/xibo# docker-compose logs cms-web
Attaching to xibo_cms-web_1
cms-web_1 | Waiting for MySQL to start - max 300 seconds
cms-web_1 | MySQL started
cms-web_1 | DBVersion
cms-web_1 | 141
cms-web_1 | Existing Database, checking if we need to upgrade it
cms-web_1 | Updating settings.php
cms-web_1 | Configuring Maintenance
cms-web_1 | Removing web/install/index.php from production container
cms-web_1 | Running maintenance
cms-web_1 | DBVersion
cms-web_1 | 141
cms-web_1 | crontab: can’t open ‘/etc/crontabs/apache’: Permission denied
cms-web_1 | DBVersion
cms-web_1 | 141
cms-web_1 | crontab: can’t open ‘/etc/crontabs/apache’: Permission denied
root@dig-sig01:/opt/xibo#

Regards

OK so that all looks normal. It will take some time for the web container to start if XMR isn’t working.

How long are you waiting? I’d expect 10-15 minutes assuming you don’t have hundreds of layouts.

Alex
the weekend (saturday), leave the virtual machine on all day and nothing.

As for the design, it is a new machine, I have only added three 4k videos and two images to test the content on the devices.

To prove I have added 3 devices and these are:

• 1 Hardware Player (connectivity test by WAN)
  • 1 My cell phone with Android (connectivity test by WAN)
  • 1 Virtual Machine with Windows 7 (connectivity test by LAN)

Each one is to see the type of behavior of the platform and how to connect the devices to the CMS.

Ahhhh, as an additional data, run the command docker-compose logs cms-xmr and throw me a grant of error, but leave a small excerpt.

cms-xmr_1 | thrown in /opt/xmr/index.php on line 32
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 4: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 5: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 6: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 7: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 8: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 9: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 10: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 11: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 12: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Missing /opt/xmr/config.json file, please create one in /opt/xmr in /opt/xmr/index.php:32
cms-xmr_1 | Stack trace:
cms-xmr_1 | #0 {main}
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 4: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 5: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 6: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 7: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 8: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 9: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 10: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 11: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | /entrypoint.sh: line 12: can’t create /opt/xmr/config.json: Permission denied
cms-xmr_1 | PHP Fatal error: Uncaught InvalidArgumentException: Missing /opt/xmr/config.json file, please create one in /opt/xmr in /opt/xmr/index.php:32
cms-xmr_1 | Stack trace:
cms-xmr_1 | #0 {main}

I hope that the previous command is useful, thank you very much and that you have a very good day

Can you get me SSH access to this server?

If so, please PM me the details and I’ll take a look for you.

Alex
I just sent you the data by intern

Regards

I looked. It seems you modified files inside the containers and caused problems in the process.

I’ve reset that and its working.

Alex, very grateful for your professionalism and good disposition.

As he says, the fact of manually modifying caused the problem.
I will evaluate the theme purchase for my project.

Regards.

Hi,
Same problem for me.
How have you done ?

Solved, just needed to reinstall the docker-compose a second time