Displaying correct Anniversary dates on specific day

I’m looking for the most accurate and effective way of displaying “Happy Anniversary” content.

I have a CSV file that I will be importing as a dataset. In that dataset I will have a column with the employee’s start date, and in the next column their name.

How can I ask Xibo to display this information ONLY if today’s date has an entry, and only the correct entry(s) should be displayed, otherwise bypass altogether?

I hope that makes sense. Is there an “official” means of approaching this? Any good workarounds?

Thanks in advance.

You will want to use filter - perhaps something like that Using DataSets to display Birthday

and then on Advanced tab (in edit ticker) -> ‘A message to display when no data is returned from the source’

add a message that should be displayed when there is no anniversary at a current day.

This should work Peter, thank you!

Is there any way to calculate the amount of years based on the date and show that? So for instance, if the date was 5 years ago today, the output would be “Happy (5) Years Peter!”?

Yes, so you’d need another column with formula type, like this:

Where the ‘Anniversary’ is the column with your date in the dataSet.

Then in your dataSet you will also have a column with names, let’s call it ‘Name’ in this example, so then in ticker → Appearance tab you will want something like that (both columns are added from the ‘Available substitutions’).

Which will result in the following text:

In this case ‘Peter’ had the ‘Anniversary’ date set to ‘2015’, while ‘Kris’ had it set to ‘2016’

And of course you will want to keep the filter as before to display it only on the correct day.

I’m not saying that’s the only or the best way to do it, but hopefully it will give you some ideas.

Awesome! Thanks again.

One final question (please don’t hate me lol)

If I wanted to display the anniversary list for the entire month (as to avoid missing people on weekends etc) is that a very quick edit to the above solution? Again, sorry for the 21 questions.

If it should display list of everyone that will have anniversary that given month, then you could filter it only by Month ie
MONTH(Anniversary) = MONTH(CURDATE())

I believe you could also use WEEK() to show a list of current week ie
WEEK(Anniversary) = WEEK(CURDATE())