Display not responding

uhm hi, new user on xibo here and when i am having a internee we are using Xibo version 1.7.1, and im curently facing some problems, one of them is the part of not being able to export layouts and the other is the part of the device not displaying the layout selecet( either by default or with priority and the layout haves all V) so is there anyway to solve this?
Many thanks
NElson

Hi Nelson,

Could you please try to upgrade your CMS to 1.7.4?
The was a problem with exporting layout in earlier versions (code 11 I believe)

As for your second problem, are we talking about Windows players? In which case could you also update them to newest version?
It could be helpful to know what’s on your layout and what’s on the player’s status window, so if could tell us more about it, that would be great.

Ok i’ll do my best to try Peter since kinda new on this.
Ok there is some videos there, they worked before but now they have stopped,their all MP4’s
The code was seted so files bgger than 2 MB coud be played,
We have aticker, a clock with the standard time and weatherforecast
one scrolling text
and at the bottom another scrooling text bar.
I have acess to the server PC as well i just simply dont know how to upgrade to 1.7.4( sorry still new on this), if you coud point me to where i have to go to make this changes i woud be realy gratefull.
Thanks you for your help
NElson

sidequestion: how to take the report from the “I” key, since i cant seem to find it aniwhere

Hi Nelson,

Regarding Upgrade to 1.7.4, please have a look at this Release notes 1.7.4
There you will find steps needed to make an upgrade.

Regarding Windows player (and CMS for that matter too) you can download it from here - get Xibo

Regarding your side question, when Xibo player is on, then you press ‘i’ on your keyboard which will open status window, then you will need to take a screenshot (Prt SC button on your keyboard) and save that screenshot (using paint for example) and/or just paste it here.

Hi Peter

Sorry for the delay, i instaled the 1.7.4 thing( i think it as only needed to install) and i decided to grab it for a testrun, i was very happy that the server now alows it to display but the layer in question is still having issues, at first i saw library all with “X” on them, so i whent snooping around in the library and rechecked everything there and then it whent all back to “V” on the important data there.
On the run of the pre-done layer that it is been made it simply keeps showing for around 2 to 3 seconds and then it crashes, as in some sort of " im trying to load but something whent wrong", and it goes back to the xibo image, i managed to grab some of the error report since at some time to me it started looking all the same, i dont think i did it properly but if it is a issue i can always retake them again if needed.

Thank you once again for the kindness of helping me on my dilema
Nelson

Ok, so player is unable to get some resources, some md5 checks failed and layout id23 is invalid.

Connection to the CMS seems to be fine.
get resource - few possible reasons, it will probably have something to do with your ticker
md5 checks - perhaps that’s also ticker issue (if you are using media rss - ie ticker with image) Player should delete those files and download them again.

Could you try to create new simple layout with lets say text in one region and some image in other region? Just to see if that will be fine.

Side note, since layout 23 is invalid, player should go back to the default layout but for you, it seems it goes back to splash screen. Is layout id 23 set as default layout for your device?

Side note 2, just to be sure, could you go to ‘Report Fault’ page in CMS and see if there are any [X] there?

Side note 3, could you go to ‘Modules’ page in CMS and click on ‘verify all’?

Side note 4, is this layout correctly displayed in CMS, ‘preview layout’?

Regarding layout 23, since you have a few things on it, there could be few reasons for it to be invalid. Could you perhaps export this layout and send it to me? You can send it via pm if you don’t want to post it here.

Yes it works with a simple layout and im rly stupid since i forgot i had to do something with the server thing, and i rly dont understand how to work wth the coding server part and my supervisor of it whent away for a client so gonna have to wait untill he is back.

And something wrong with the ticker? like bad link? bad connection? files missing from the ticker?

That’s good, I mean the thing that simple layout is fine, so we can focus on the layout id 23 because there is something there that your player ‘doesn’t like’.

If you are using media ticker for example image with title, it’s possible that something went wrong with the download be it connection problem/storage problem something wrong with the feed itself, but player should try to download it again at next collection interval.

It’s hard to say what’s exactly wrong, that’s why I asked you for an export of this layout, so I could test it and see what could be causing the problem.

EDIT: just to be sure, you updated CMS to 1.7.4, did you also update Windows player to 1.7.4?

yeah ^^‘’ and fault on me since i dont know much how to handle the server files to update it sinc ei kinda took a reading alone on it after my superior only read download here ^^‘’ so i dont realy dont how to move foward to 1.7.4 since i only installed now the server part needs to be cloned and updated i think?
(sorry im not that good with this thing yet)

Thanks for the kindness
Nelson

PS: large file with “!”
image of the modules

and layout always looks odd

Well I guess it might be a good idea to wait for your supervisor and make this update slowly but you know not mess something up, especially regarding back ups etc. But the release notes that I gave you should help you (and your supervisor) to make it without problems.

As for large files upload, this will need to be adjusted in php.ini file, you can find more details here: How do I upload files bigger than 2MB / How can I increase the upload file size limit?

Edit, well something is definitely missing there, I’ll tell you more once you will export it - but since now you got this error when you try to export layout, we will wait till you guys update CMS to 1.7.4

Yeah sorry about that I realy thought it was just installing something and my supervissor thought the same so it is my mistake there. once again I thank you for the help so far but I dont realy know per sure if my supervissor returns today so in case he doesnt it will only be in monday, since I kinda only return at monday as well, on the side note of this, is there any good place to learn this programming language on the side, I do feel realy dull looking at such and having no idea wht it is or wht it does.

once again thank you for your kindness and I send message once 1.7.4 is up n running
Nelson Marques

Ok it is ony my supervisor “to do” list when its free sorry for taking this long ^^’’

ok, my supervisor was busy so i whent "sniffing"the files, oddly enough alot of the library data got corrupted, had to re-add the videos and fix the ticker, at the moment it is working fine and thanks for the info everyone

Hi Nelson,

That’s good to hear.

We would still recommend this update to 1.7.4, but if it’s fine at the moment then that’s great.

me too but my supervisor is busy at the time and you know murphy law so i dont feel tempted to try on my own