Delivery optimization Xibo media files between displays

For the original poster (OP) to fill in:

Introduction

Would like to see a feature where displays can share their downloaded media within the local network

User Story

We have numerous displays running at several customers. Some of the customers have more than 5 displays. We see now that one location has a higher data traffic due of media files being pushed 5times because of 5 displays.

Is this something for our Xibo development team to look in. In order to minimize the traffic to 1 customer where there is one master display which shares (delivery optimization in windows) the mediafiles. This will help us alot to reduce the traffic on our VPS. Our average traffic a month is now 3.5 TB.

Hi @Vishal_Debipersad

It’s a great idea.

But I think it would be too complicated to do it with a player.
Instead, we need a “proxy server” and have a parameter in the display profiles indicating the proxy server address to which the players should download the content media.
This can also be used to pass on any other information such as statistics, etc.
It also minimises client-side firewall rules.

I use this with Zabbix (monitoring solution). I have a server that I host (on premise), and the Zabbix agents at my customers’ sites pass through a Zabbix proxy server (installed at my customers). Then it’s only the proxy server that sends the information to my server, and not each client workstation (agent).