Dataset Formula with remote value not working

I have a value from a remote JSON source , with the column name “Energy Saved”.
This is working fine, showing the value 50000

Now i want to show an additional value, based on the value “Energy Saved” , let say the half of it (value / 2)

I created a new column in the same dataset named “co2” .
Column type : Formula , Datatype: Number and the formula " ‘Energy Saved’ / 2 "

I put the variable between quotes, otherwise there are no values available.
The result is always zero (0)

What is the exact formula to use?

Forneça a URL da fonte de DADOS, assim seria mais rápido você ter uma resposta.

Hi,
This is the URL http://www.innoph.nl/external/output.json

I want to read the value Energy_Saved (that works fine) and a value based on a formula, example: Energy_Saved / 2

Olá amigo,
Veje se é isso que você procura.

Hello Onemidia,
My question was:
I want to read the value Energy_Saved (that works fine) and next to it a value based on a formula, example: Energy_Saved / 2 - how to do the last value, the formula?

Question 2:
I want to show a value on the screen concenated with a string (KWH) in the same font.
Now i can use 2 regions ofcourse, 1 for the value and 1 for the string, but can a dataset-value show this as 1 string? (also with a formula)?

The question:
Is it possible to use formulas in a dataset , whereby the values are remote.

If possible, then an simple example would be great :grinning:

Yes.

Looking at your initial post with screenshots, you don’t want to surround your column name with ".

if say, Col1 is the column remote type
then you add new column, formula type and you want to make calculations on it, then you can just put
Col1 / 2
in the formula in the case of your example.

as for other question from 8 days ago, assuming you have the strings in other columns or some parts you want to add as a string directly there, then you can use formula column and CONCAT mysql to achieve what you need.

Thanks Peter, this works