Data Ticker not showing on player

The dataset in data ticker doesn’t seem to be showing on my player (running on a ubuntu VM as I am testing to see how Xibo works)

The dataset is showing up in the preview on the CMS(left) but not showing up on the player(right)

Any ideas?

Hi ZNg, welcome to the community!

I also have an Ubuntu VM (20.04) and have been testing the Dataset Ticker with the latest player. So far I have not had any issues. I created a simple test layout similar to what I can see in your screenshot and found that the data did appear on screen. I also used an effect to scroll the data horizontally before the next data item is revealed, without issue.

I would be happy to send you a copy of my test layout if you want to see if you have the same issue when using my layout?

I also wondered where the red line is from in your layout. Is that from a background image for your layout, or do you have another region with that red included? The reason I ask is in case there are regions on one another, as it could be that your Z index/layer settings are the issue.
As a test, could you try editing that region with the Dataset Ticker and set the layer value to 1, or higher than 0 or any other regions under that widget?

I would also be happy to test your layout on my Ubuntu VM to see if the same issue occurs. Please feel free to send it to me in a private message if you do not want to share it publicly in your post.

Many Thanks.

https://we.tl/t-6wuS5Vb1qv
I tried changing the layer and it didn’t work :frowning:
I have upload the zip file on wetransfer, it would be great if you take a look at it. I have also taken a screenshot of the status screen of the status screen

The CMS is 3.3.1 I believe but the OS is a Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

btw is it normal that it takes 3 to 4 mins to update? I am running this from docker.

Thank you for providing a copy of your layout for testing. I was able to replicate your issue on my Xbiof ro Linux player. After further tests I found that the issue seems to occur when using the effect Marquee Left:

When I was testing I used the Paged: Scroll Horizontal effect and that works without issue.

Please can you try either removing the effect or switching to the scroll horizontal effect and confirm if you also find this resolves the issue and the items appear on screen?

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.