cURL-Error when using GET

Hey there,

I am currently trying to get some values out of my openHAB-System (SmartHome). All the items there are exposed via REST-API to my home network.

When I try to GET the values into xibo I get an cURL-error.

Here is the link:

And the error i get:

Within my browser I can successfully get the JSON-Data of the item:

{"link":"http://192.168.20.21:8080/rest/items/KOSTALPIKOIQ100StatisticHomeconsumptionFromPVYear","state":"2361.4120125100007 kWh","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.2f %unit%","readOnly":true,"options":[]},"editable":false,"type":"Number:Energy","name":"KOSTALPIKOIQ100StatisticHomeconsumptionFromPVYear","label":"Heimverbrauch PV (Jahr)","tags":[],"groupNames":["gKostalGleichrichter"]}

The error I get reads:
“Daten für Watson Batterie können nicht abgerufen werden, da cURL error 61: Unrecognized content encoding type. libcurl understands deflate, gzip content encodings. (see libcurl - Error Codes).”

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Thank you!

Nikolaus\

It seens that the server is local to your network (192.168…). Does your Xibo Server has access to this address ?
Besides that, your test is pointing to a different endpoint (KOSTALPIKOIQ100StatisticHomeconsumptionFromPVYear) then your dataset source (RobotWatsonBattery). Did you test in your browser using the same endpoint ?

Thanks for the reply! :wink:

Besides that, your test is pointing to a different endpoint

That’s because I tested another endpoint, without success.

Did you test in your browser using the same endpoint ?

Yes, Sir! I have postet the wrong JSON. Not the best idea to make this thing more confusing than it has to be, I guess. :see_no_evil:

Using the right endpoint:

{"link":"http://192.168.20.21:8080/rest/items/IRobotWatsonBattery","state":"100","stateDescription":{"pattern":"%.0f","readOnly":true,"options":[]},"editable":false,"type":"Number","name":"IRobotWatsonBattery","label":"Battery","tags":[],"groupNames":["gRoomba","gStart"]}

Does your Xibo Server has access to this address ?

I’m quite positive they can reach each other, the servers are docker container on the same machine, working with different ports. (Xibo: 80 and openHAB: 8080).

When I try to fech the root of items, i get a response with all the data from my Smarthome.

But there are hundreds of items with different values.

Any idea how, in this example, i could fetch the value for the “state”: “NULL” entry for AwtrixInfoRestmuell?

2020-12-04 12_18_34-Window

Thanks!