Curl error in ticker pulling rss feed

First of all i thank you for the great product you make!!

After searching this community i am still stuck, hope anyone can help.

Docker cms 2.2.0 on ubuntu 18.

We have a multiple tickers pulling RSS feeds, all of them having issues pulling RSS feed pictures.
For instance on nu.nl algemeen

the error in the log is:
WEB GET ERROR /playlist/widget/resource/132/460 Rejected Request 29 to https://media.nu.nl/m/7ytxpvdamiyb_sqr256.jpg/weerbericht-in-het-noorden-s-ochtends-kans-op-gladheid-door-ijzel.jpg because cURL error 60: SSL certificate problem: certificate has expired (see libcurl - Error Codes)

Am i overlooking the obvious?

Thanks for your message.

The version of Curl used in the containers of that version isn’t able to correctly validate the certificate for that feed because it contains an expired certificate.

There’s three ways to fix it.

First option is to upgrade to the latest Xibo CMS containers which have this fixed already. That would be 2.3.13.

Second option is to remove the offending certificate from your local trust store. To do so, from the folder where your docker-compose.yml files are:

docker-compose exec cms-web bash
rm /etc/ssl/certs/ca-cert-DST_Root_CA_X3.pem
rm /usr/share/ca-certificates/mozilla/DST_Root_CA_X3.crt
update-ca-certificates
exit

docker-compose restart cms-web

Alternatively, if you control the feed, you could swap to an alternative SSL certificate provider (not LetsEncrypt).

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the quick reply, i executed per advise with success.

I will update early next year up to V3.

Thanks again, Happy Xmas and a wonderful 2022!

1 Like

Happy Christmas to you too!

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.