Connect to the api with access code

CMS Version

Installation Method

Docker

Operating System

Windows

Issue

I use the API to interact with my CMS from an external app. Until now I used the client credential grant-type to get the access token, but now i want the users to connect themself to Xibo with username and password.

I think I should use the access code to do that, so I tried this request on Postman :

{{url}}/api/authorize?client_id={{clientId}}&redirect_uri=https://app.getpostman.com/oauth2/callback

But i get the following error :

I tried to add the client secret in parameter too but same result.

There is no clear documentation on authorization request and I don’t know what to do now.

EDIT: When I try to get the access token with the grant_type access_code I get the following error:

RE-EDIT: I figured out after looking in the source code than the doc is wrong when talking about grant_type=access_code, we have to use authorization_code instead.

But even like this i got the same result

I forgot to grant Authorization code in CMS Applications settings…

I managed to make it work, but then there was a bug in 2.3.8 version that made me unable to get a new access token with the refresh token, so i had to upgrade to 2.3.9.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The Xibo Community site uses cookies. What are cookies?