CMS Backend Campaign not showing created Folder

Hey there,

I have the following issue:
When logging in as “user” (Users group) with granted rights to create and manage folders I can’t see new created folders when I’m in the campaign tab. As SuperAdmin I can see the folders and can share them explicit with the other users.
Once that is done, the folder are seen.
Is that a known bug? I tried to set other rights for this group, did’nt work.

Thanks in advance!

Hi, have the created Folders themselves been Shared with the appropriate Users/User Groups?

If you want Users to be able to Share Folders then you will need to also ensure that Allow Sharing capabilities for all User Objects is enabled for the User/User Group also. This is on the Users tab of Features:

Hi Natasha,

thank you very much for your reply.
It’s activated but even if the user itself creates a folder, after reloading the page, the created folder is gone and can only be edit or seen by the admin.

I think I can see why this is happening, currently a non Super Admin User is unable to create a Folder directly under the Root Folder, I have raised this for further discussion with the team as to what should happen here: Folders : non super admin user created folder permission issue · Issue #3072 · xibosignage/xibo · GitHub

In the meantime you could create a Folder for the User/User Group and enable View/Edit/Delete Share options for it so they can then create their own Folders under this parent. Just to note that only Super Admins can actually set the Share Options for a Folder. Enabling the Allow Sharing capabilities for all User Objects allows a User to save objects to a Folder to inherit the options that have been set for that Folder.

1 Like

Hi Natasha,

perfect. Thank you very much for your help. We already managed to do this via your described workaround :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.