Clocks are not showing in v4

Hi dan,
it seems, that i have an issue with any clock.

I have just completed a new Docker Xibo 4.0 (Westphal) installation. everything is going fine. However: A simple layout with all clock variants shows everything correctly in the preview but nothing on the Android display (v3 or V4) - no clock. The log files remain empty. Do you have ore any else any idea?

Do you mean that you have nothing at all showing on the display? Or you have the rest of the layout showing, but no clocks?

Are you using the latest 4.0.6 release?

Dan, thank you! Initially I had a complex layout with various widgets (also RSS feed). Everything I needed was working - except the clock. Now I have a simple layout with just the different clocks to test. No clock is shown on the display - log file has no entry.Task Widget Sync executed.
CMS 4.0 docker
php 7.3
mysql 5.7

Hm…

I have now switched to cms 3.3. At least the clock is shown there. Unfortunately synology docker only outputs cms version 3.3 in “latest”. So I will use that first. Does it actually contain bootstrap and jquery?

cms 3.3 → bootstrap 4 seems to be included from what I read somewhere. Is there documentation somewhere? Because normal classes such as “col-xs-3, container, row” do not seem to be recognized. Or does bootstrap have to be activated? I’m trying to adjust the weather view.

We have discovered an issue with the clock widget since you wrote this (only in v4) whereby we’ve used some ES6 syntax which is not supported on all browsers. We’re going to get that fixed up for the next release.

The javascript libraries included by the CMS and Player are not the same - players typically have a much older JavaScript engine and so we rely on native HTML/CSS/JS instead of a library.

OK. The clock widget thing calms me down - so it’s not my fault.
I’m surprised about bootstrap, since CMS 3.0.8 could still handle it.
But good: I implement this with html/css/js. It’s more work, but it also works.
Thank you Dan!

1 Like

Yeah, we did include bootstrap in v3, although that turned out to be a lot more trouble than it was worth, and we only utilised it in a few selected cases.

If you need it then you can use the <asset> mechanism in a module/template XML definition to add whatever files you need.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.