Client performance at large resolution, Nvidia Mosaic

Hello all.

It’s a long shot, but does anyone have experience of using a single Windows Xibo client instance on a computer running multiple FHD outputs using Nvidia Mosaic?

I’ve built a machine that has 6 1920x1080 outputs, which Mosaic turns in to a single 3840*3240 display. I then use Windows to rotate it 90 degrees, since my 6 displays are mounted in portrait. I use a single Layout in Xibo, with 6 regions aligned for each screen in the output.

While the Xibo client runs, there are some quirks to this setup:

1. There is a very noticeable black flash between video content in each region. Having read these forums, I’ve learnt that these are unavoidable :frowning:
  2. I believe because of ‘1’, regions playing the same content are not actually synchronised - the start and stop delay for each video causes them to be out of sync
  3. Each time a new video starts in a region, it freezes on the first frame for approx. ~15-20 frames, then drops the missing frames to catch up. This in particular is very jarring, and happens regardless of how long the video is, or how heavily it is compressed (or not)

If I can’t find a way to improve the in-layout synchronisation and get rid of the dropped frames mean I’m going to have to consider another playback system - something I have neither the time or budget for!

Does anyone know if the effect of any of these quirks can be reduced? Am I simply asking too much of the Xibo client?

Hardware details: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G (6c12t), 16GB RAM, 256GB NVMe, 2x Nvidia T600.
Software details: Dockerised Xibo 3.1.2 server (Ubuntu Server 20.04.4 LTS). Xibo client v3 R303.0 (Windows 10 Enterprise)