Change default browser

Hello,

I am using the latest version of the Xibo client on a DSCS9X and was wondering if it is possible to change the default browser to Firefox? I would like websites to automatically accept the cookie notification and that is not possible with the built-in browser but is possible with Firefox with an enabled add-on. I have removed the default browser in Android and set Firefox as default, but it seems that Firefox is not used in Xibo…

Hi winterbaas.

Xibo for Android uses the Webview app installed on your device to render web content.
If you go to the System Settings for your Android device, choose the Apps menu and view all apps (including system apps) you should see the Android Webview app installed. You may find you can update that app to a newer version, but you cannot use an alternative browser with your Xibo for Android player.

Many Thanks.

Hi

Do you have an advice how to update the Webview app?

Regards
Micke

Hi Micke_Salloum,

How to upgrade the webview on an Android device will vary depending on the device. In some cases, you may find that you can locate the webview APK and simply install it using a file browser app. More often the solution is offered in a firmware from the device manufacturer.
With this in mind, I would first suggest contacting the manufacturer and asking them if they offer a firmware release with the webview version you want to use. if they cannot provide that, I would recommend asking them if they have advice on how you can upgrade the webview.

Many Thanks.

Thanks, i will contact the manufacturer.

Regards
Micke

1 Like