Can't display content on player

Setup : CMS server , Debian 8.2 , xibo latest stable version
clients : windows 1.7.5

everything worked fine but suddenly i’m no longer able to display any content on my players.

I do get errors about “requiredfiles.xml”

Exception in Run: can’t find … \requiredFiles.xml

I’ve done reinstall , installed the client on an other windows machine but same error on all the clients …

Should i find the file “requiredfiles.xml” on my server ?

I’ve read all forum topics about this but have not been able to fix it , if I can’t get this fixed

requiredfiles.xml should be in your player local library.
so default path would be something like C:\Users\<UserName>\Documents\Xibo Library
You might want to check if that file is in your player local library and that it’s not 0kb.
You might want to make sure that user that’s running Xibo has full administrative access and that player is able to read/write to that location (especially if you changed the default path to local library)

Also, Player local library must be separate from CMS library.

So, all of the above + screenshot of status window on this device should make things a bit clearer.

Server and client are on seperate machines.
so default path would be something like C:\Users<UserName>\Documents\Xibo Library --> correct , i’m running under local administrator so read write access is fine.

the file “requiredfiles.xml” is not in the client local directory … it looks like it is not downloaded or generated from the server.

I’ll post a screenshot after another reinstalling my client again.

Assuming your player is correctly connected to the CMS (address and key) and in CMS you can see this player as logged in (and last accessed seems fine) it should be fine.

Make sure that CMS address is correct (the same address as when you access your CMS via browser)
Make sure that Key is correct (CMS settings -> general tab)

You can try to run ‘verify all’ from the modules page in CMS

'Outside download Window’
Please go to Display settings page, edit display profile that this device is using and change
download window start/end time to 00:00 and 00:00 (always open)

1 Like

Hi Peter

“Please go to Display settings page, edit display profile that this device is using and change
download window start/end time to 00:00 and 00:00 (always open)” that did make it work again …

I had it on 00:10 and 23:59 but it seems that the double 00:00 is better.

:slight_smile: now I can continue to promote xibo …

Thanks

Great, I am glad that download time window was the only problem :smiley:

As I said with double 00:00 it’s always open so we recommend this setting by default, unless it’s really necessary for someone to adjust it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 minutes after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.