Cannot find "chart" widget in cms v.4

Hi,

Has the chart feature been removed from the latest version of xibo cms? I cant find it anywhere in the cms, not in modules or in the editor. I’m running version 4.0.4 with docker.

Hi William_L, welcome to the community!

You are correct that the Chart module/widget is no longer available as of version 4. My apologies for any inconvenience this causes.

Any layouts that contain chart widgets from previous CMS versions will continue to work, but new charts cannot be created.

Many Thanks.

Ok then,

Do you know if this feature will be added in an upcoming release or do i have to roll back to ver 3?
or is there another way i should be displaying graphs in xibo, like importing graphs from excel or something?

So i just tested with excel by embedding it into a template and it worked pretty well so i guess that solves my problem. I’m guessing this is how you are supposed to do it, and why they removed the chart widget? I cant find any documentation on this however, as it stands today the most logical thing for me was to follow this old guide but this just got me stuck looking for a widget that didn’t exist. It would be great if it said somewhere that the chart widget has been discontinued.

1 Like

I have updated this guide in an effort to make that clearer, thankyou!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.