Can XIBO download new video?

Don’t know if this is possible…

I have a layout with a video that is embedded from a remote server Called Video.mp4 that video is refreshing every 15 min on that server . And the name is alway the same. Can XIBO download and replace that video every X min ?

I need this because it’s a very important video. And because of the the different lengths of the video it will be nice that as the video is done the next layout will be loaded.

Best regards Danny.
Ps. We have XIBO hosted on your server.

Hi Danny,

You could use the API to replace the video at the interval you required, however, that will use a fair amount of bandwidth (depending on the file size)

The other option would be to write an embedded HTML widget that showed the video, or use the Local Video widget, however with these two options it would stream each time so it would fail if the internet went out or the origin server was down.

As you are hosting with us, please do open a ticket via My Account if you require a faster response next time :slight_smile:

Best wishes

Hello Natasha,

Thank you for your response.

I will like to know more about the API options.

This is what I have.

On a external server is a video with always the same name. it’s about between 15 and 30 seconds.

That video is always update. “The Ftp is updating that video always”

Now that video must be incerted in to XIBO.

This is what Xibo must do.

GET video from Http://…mp4 and replace the video in layout.

The problem where I run into is that all the videos have a different length. It break the video off to early or the video is being start over again. And looking odd on the screen.

Can you help me with that and the option APi ?

Next time I will make a ticket :tickets:

Best regards

Hi, our API documentation is in our developer manual here

We only write API integrations on a paid basis for customers.

If you upload the video into Xibo then assuming the Video Widget has a set duration of 0, (which is the default duration) the video would play until the end regardless of length so that should not be an issue.

Best wishes

First of all my proof we are hosting on you server. (Login in privet message) I can’t make a ticket because the email Is hosted bij the email server at my station I can’t login there
So I hope you can take the ticket :relaxed:

Next: To go to the API section URL/API I don’t get in … I says need a key and it’s blocking me.

The only thin I need now is this.

On this video location:
Location in prive Message.

Is the video that must play in a layout.
It must be updated/ replaced every 30 min in an layout so we have the fresh news on screen. ( The name is always the same length not the same)

I can’t get in to the API section why I don’t know.

Need some help here . If you want you can login to the CMS and make a example so we can work with that.

Best regards Danny.

Hi, I am afraid we are unable to discuss a CMS unless you can open a ticket from either My Account or from the email registered with the account when contacting the helpdesk.

If you do not have access to the Applications page in the CMS then you would need to ask for that permission to be granted by whoever manages the CMS.

Thank you

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.