The calendar module is lovely, however it falls down a bit where the user wants to display a mixture of events that are:
- Single date event with a start time only (end time is same as start time)
- Single date events with a start and end times
- Multi-day and/or all day events where displaying a start time/end time looks weird
I work in a school where we are pulling the calendar from our public website and displaying events for the next month in scrolling Marquee Up.
Date format is set to D d M – g:ia giving e.g Wed 16 Jan – 9:45am.
A single template and single date format doesn’t quite give the flexibility needed to display event date and times nicely. Ideally we would be able to display these differently:
- Multiday events (say Christmas Holiday) - Wed 9 Dec - Thur 4 Jan
- Single day events (say a school assembly) - Wed 4 Jan - 10:45am - 11:45am
- Single day event, start and end-time the same (say Sports day) Wed 4 Jan - 10:45am - 11:45am
At a minimum it would be nice to be able to have a separate template/date format for multiday events
For the dev team to fill in:
The current status and the username of the:
A broad description of the changes required.
Which parts of Xibo are effected
DB Schema Changes
Any necessary DB Schema Changes