Build Xibo on Raspberry Pi2

Hello all,

I try to build Xibo on the new Rasperry Pi2 (ARM7 Quadcore).

I’ve fixed many bugs(builderrors), but now I’m stuck with compiling libavg with Brosernodesupport.

If I build libavg without Browsernode, then it works. With the plugin comes an error.

Before this error came many “File not Found” Errors, I have found this files in the Chromesources, but I don’t know, if they are the right files.

ERROR:

Making all in plugin

make[4]: Entering directory '/home/pi/raspberryPi2/libavg/src/test/plugin' 
CXX    BrowserNode.lo
In file included from ./wtf/OwnPtr.h:25:0,
from ./wtf/VectorTraits.h:24,
from ./wtf/Vector.h:29,
from ../../player/ImageSource.h:32,
from ../../player/Image.h:33,
from BrowserNode.h:11,
from BrowserNode.cpp:3:
./wtf/NullPtr.h:48:1: warning: identifier 'nullptr' will become a keyword in C++0x [-Wc++0x-compat]
 In file included from ../../player/Image.h:33:0,
from BrowserNode.h:11,
../../player/ImageSource.h:180:5: error: 'NativeImagePtr' does not name a type
In file included from BrowserNode.h:11:0,
../../player/Image.h:131:13: error: 'NativeImagePtr' does not name a type
In file included from BrowserNode.cpp:3:0:
../../player/Node.h:123:22: warning: 'virtual void avg::Node::render(avg::GLContext*, const mat4&)' was hidden [-Woverloaded-virtual]
BrowserNode.h:43:18: warning:   by 'virtual void avg::BrowserNode::render()' [-Woverloaded-virtual]
../../player/RasterNode.h:99:22: warning: 'virtual void avg::RasterNode::renderFX(avg::GLContext*)' was hidden [-Woverloaded-virtual]
BrowserNode.h:44:18: warning:   by 'virtual void avg::BrowserNode::renderFX()' [-Woverloaded-virtual]
BrowserNode.cpp: In member function 'void avg::BrowserNode::createSurface()':
BrowserNode.cpp:101:36: error: 'getMaterial' was not declared in this scope
BrowserNode.cpp:110:68: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct avg::Bitmap'
../../player/RasterNode.h:46:7: error: forward declaration of 'struct avg::Bitmap'
BrowserNode.cpp: In member function 'virtual void avg::BrowserNode::preRender(const VertexArrayPtr&, bool, float)':
BrowserNode.cpp:157:36: error: 'getMaterial' was not declared in this scope
BrowserNode.cpp:164:68: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct avg::Bitmap'
../../player/RasterNode.h:46:7: error: forward declaration of 'struct avg::Bitmap'
BrowserNode.cpp:171:28: error: invalid use of incomplete type 'struct avg::Bitmap'
BrowserNode.cpp: In member function 'virtual void avg::BrowserNode::render()':
BrowserNode.cpp:189:24: error: 'getTransform' was not declared in this scope
BrowserNode.cpp: In member function 'virtual void avg::BrowserNode::renderFX()':
BrowserNode.cpp:389:71: error: no matching function for call to 'avg::BrowserNode::renderFX(glm::vec2, avg::Pixel32, bool)'
BrowserNode.cpp:389:71: note: candidate is:
../../player/RasterNode.h:99:22: note: virtual void avg::RasterNode::renderFX(avg::GLContext*)
../../player/RasterNode.h:99:22: note:   candidate expects 1 argument, 3 provided
Makefile:447: recipe for target 'BrowserNode.lo' failed
make[4]: *** [BrowserNode.lo] Error 1
make[4]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/raspberryPi2/libavg/src/test/plugin'
Makefile:434: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[3]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/raspberryPi2/libavg/src/test'
Makefile:385: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/raspberryPi2/libavg/src'
Makefile:323: recipe for target 'all' failed
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory '/home/pi/raspberryPi2/libavg/src'
Makefile:389: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failedmake: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Can anybody help me?

You’re trying to compile a very old version of Chrome on a newer system which is very difficult or may even be impossible without significantly patching Chrome.

This is one of the reasons we’ve discontinued the Python client and support for it.

I’m afraid I don’t have the skill or ability to do that, and the Berkelium project is now dead, so I’m not sure you’ll be able to proceed. Someone else may have more information.

Hmm, what are my way with a Linux machine?
Or is Xibo the wrong way, to use with Linux?

There is no actively developed Linux client for Xibo at present.

One is coming along with the 1.8 series release. Details are here:

and

OK, when to expect the first beta release for the new client?

It won’t be for several months. There’s no fixed date yet.

Ok, we have successfully build chrome, libavg, berkelium and so on.

The samplescreen shows correct. But when I change the resolution to 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 the following error show’s up.

glGetError 
OpenGL error in End of frame: (#1285)
2 avg::avgAssert(bool, char const*, int, char const *)
3 avg::GLContext::mandatoryCheckError(char const*)
4 avg::Player::doFrame(bool)
5 avg::Player::play()
[...]
127 avg::Player::play()
Assertion failed in GLContext.cpp: 474

Can anybody help us.

In my experience in the past, any kind of OpenGL error will turn out to be bugs in the graphics drivers, or missing features that libavg needs the graphics card to support that aren’t in the driver/hardware.

Hello,

I have create my image for raspberry pi 2 (xibo-2015-03-20-beta.zip).
image make 1,7Go and it’s work.
If you want this can you send me IM ?

Thanks

I have uploaded it : https://1fichier.com/?45gofgbtyl

Thanks, but after change the localization back to english. It doesn’t work anymore.

Have you also have an image available in english?

Hello,

I’m running xibo 1.6 on my rasperry 2 too. When swithcing to 1680x1050 or 1920x1080 i get the same error:

glGetError 
OpenGL error in End of frame: (#1285)
2 avg::avgAssert(bool, char const*, int, char const *)
3 avg::GLContext::mandatoryCheckError(char const*)
4 avg::Player::doFrame(bool)
5 avg::Player::play()
[...]
127 avg::Player::play()
Assertion failed in GLContext.cpp: 474

Has anybody this error too, or has a solution for this?

THX
PcDocs

Hello pcdocs_pcdocs have you hot take my image ?
For godzzila, i uploaded image this week end.
I have one before configuration.

Hello fmouserin,

Yes thanks i have now downloaded your image and installed it. After some modifications in the config file, i was able to boot. (because the monitor alwasy said "out of range)

@GodZZila: Changing language and localization worked for me (set english localization and german keyboard layout)

I tried to connect the xibo client to my Xibo server 1.6.4 but that didn’t worked. So maybe the client 1.6.0 is to old to handle this. Then i saw that a xibo server is already running on the rpi2. What is the username and password to login to the server?

THX

Hi everyone.
I’m starting new digital signage project and I decided to use Xibo. I need to use Raspberry Pi 2 as clients (connected to Full HD TVs). Can anyone send me image of RPi 2 Xibo client? Which version on Xibo server should I use in my project?

Did you buy the devices already?

I think the Raspberry is not a great solution… I’ve already tried the XIBO and other softwares on Ubuntu and Debian based OS. None of them I had a excellent performance. The player worked, but videos were a kind freezy.

One of the main goals for us, was to find a cheap hardware. Here in brazil, the PCs made for this are expensive.
The best solution, till now, is to use Odroid-c1. The only issue is the black screen between contents, that sometimes are half second long and sometimes it’s 0sec.

ilges, thanks for your sugestion about Odroid-c1. What kind of OS are you using on Odroid-c1 and what version of Xibo?

I’m running Android 4.4. The Xibo is installed as a normal app, without problem.

There are many features I didn’t test yet, like wake on Lan or shell commands. But the available image on the company’s site are rooted, so I think there will be no problem.

Late this month we are planning to buy another PC for test, possibly will be the Banana Pi or Banana Pro.

I am New to Xibo , so cool to use but finding the device for client player is much difficult. Any one suggest me device. Right now planning to go with Raspberry Pi. Any installation guide for the raspberry also much appreciated. Thanks.

The RPi is NOT SUPPORTED and not suitable. Please use a Windows PC or an Android device if you want support from the project for your installation.