Build Xibo on Raspberry Pi2

Hello fmouserin,

Yes thanks i have now downloaded your image and installed it. After some modifications in the config file, i was able to boot. (because the monitor alwasy said "out of range)

@GodZZila: Changing language and localization worked for me (set english localization and german keyboard layout)

I tried to connect the xibo client to my Xibo server 1.6.4 but that didn’t worked. So maybe the client 1.6.0 is to old to handle this. Then i saw that a xibo server is already running on the rpi2. What is the username and password to login to the server?

THX

Hi everyone.
I’m starting new digital signage project and I decided to use Xibo. I need to use Raspberry Pi 2 as clients (connected to Full HD TVs). Can anyone send me image of RPi 2 Xibo client? Which version on Xibo server should I use in my project?

Did you buy the devices already?

I think the Raspberry is not a great solution… I’ve already tried the XIBO and other softwares on Ubuntu and Debian based OS. None of them I had a excellent performance. The player worked, but videos were a kind freezy.

One of the main goals for us, was to find a cheap hardware. Here in brazil, the PCs made for this are expensive.
The best solution, till now, is to use Odroid-c1. The only issue is the black screen between contents, that sometimes are half second long and sometimes it’s 0sec.

ilges, thanks for your sugestion about Odroid-c1. What kind of OS are you using on Odroid-c1 and what version of Xibo?

I’m running Android 4.4. The Xibo is installed as a normal app, without problem.

There are many features I didn’t test yet, like wake on Lan or shell commands. But the available image on the company’s site are rooted, so I think there will be no problem.

Late this month we are planning to buy another PC for test, possibly will be the Banana Pi or Banana Pro.

I am New to Xibo , so cool to use but finding the device for client player is much difficult. Any one suggest me device. Right now planning to go with Raspberry Pi. Any installation guide for the raspberry also much appreciated. Thanks.

The RPi is NOT SUPPORTED and not suitable. Please use a Windows PC or an Android device if you want support from the project for your installation.

Really thanks for the help, I am from India. Could you suggest me good PC
at low cost because affording the pCc only for XIbo is too costly.

Hi,

For (mini) PC we received feedback here Hardware feedback
you might want to check if that kind of PC or similar would be good enough for you.

As for Android you can have a look here, for our recommended Android devices

I think you can try to run windows 10 IoT
(you can download that here: http://ms-iot.github.io/content/Downloads.htm)
but you have to change some settings or boot options to let it run a user interface.

I were just tried to download, but I didn’t find the Windows 10 loT, Could you help me with the different Link to download.

I am downloading the windows IoT right now, but could you help how to install Xibo and run on RPi. Could you provide as soon as possible.

I hope next week i can tell you if it works or not.
Currently looking for a way to make it work.

Is there a Way to install Android on my Raspberry Pi2 and use the Android Client? If that works… i will buy the license!:wink:

We’ve not tested the Android Player on a RPi2 but you have a 14 day free trial of Xibo for Android so you can confirm it works well before deciding to purchase the Player.

Did someone try running Xibo on RaspAnd? If so, how did it go?

Could you guys try this? http://ms-iot.github.io/content/en-US/win10/tools/IoTAPIPortingTool.htm

I have a potential client with 22 Stores / 4 screens per store and would like to be able to use Raspberry Pi with Win10 IoT

username xibo_admin
password xibo

RaspAnd is not the best option because it does not seem to pick up the campaigns. It just continuously loops through the default layout.

Project Astoria is dead. It would be very nice if you guys would develop a distribution for IoT Core. If it were licensed, I would pay for it just like the Android version.

Better yet it would be nice if you would restart the Linux client. However, either one would suit me just fine.