Browser settings for "Open Natively"

I have an intranett URL with a simple spreadsheet that I am trying to display in Xibo. I’ve found that the “Open Natively” setting is the only one that displays the page well, but there is still an issue with the header being squished into one cell instead of having all of the cells joined at the top. I tried opening the same page in IE11 and saw the same problem, but was able to fix it by turning off “Combatibility view” for the website. However changing the settings for IE doesn’t seem to change the settings when the Xibo client opens the webpage. Is there a way to affect the default browser settings that Xibo uses when opening a webpage natively?

Default browser: IE11
Client version: 1.7.6

You may want to upgrade the CMS and players to 1.7.10/1.7.9, which would add a registry entry for browser emulation that should solve the problem.

Alternatively you can add the registry entry by yourself it is explained here - Enabling HTML5 in the Windows .net Player

1 Like

That did it. Thanks!

Hi Peter,

I have the same issue. I have add the registry items and issue is still not resolved. Any help will be much appreciated !

Many regards,

Hello,

I have a similar problem: I want to show a webpage that uses frames on a 4K monitor, but the text is too small in 4K mode, perfect in 1080p.
This is a dashboard autoconfigured webpage, there is nothing to configure the sizes in the parameters.
I tried “Manual position” with a scale pourcentage, but Xibo Player complains about frames in an error page.
So I can only “open natively” the webpage, so I tried to force IE11 as XiboClient’s version in registry, then to force IE zoom to 215% in registry, it works well when I try the webpage in IE11, but not in Xibo Player.
It seems that Xibo Player always resets zoom factor to 100%, because when I zoom in Xibo Player with the CTRL+mouseroll, it resets the zoom after some dozens of seconds.

I could use Windows 10 “scale and layout” zoom option, but this affects all Xibo Player text zones, which is not at all what I want (it would zoom the meteo widget, I passed hours to have the good aspect for it).

All my other layouts are designed in 4K landscape and show well, I don’t want to configure the 4K monitor in 1080p only for one layout.

Is there a way to deactivate zoom reinit in XiboClient? Or another solution that could help me?

Default browser: IE11
XiboClient.exe version: 2.0.0.200
Xibo Server: 2.0.2 (Docker Desktop, linux containers, Windows 10)

Best regards