Black List for Layouts

Currently to display an ad in a city, simply schedule this ad for the group of players in that city. And so the announcement will be played across the city with just one appointment. instead of scheduling 10 times, once on each player. GREAT.

This is one of the beauties of Xibo.
But this poses a problem!

Imagine that an advertiser wants to display his advert for his workshop in this city, and among the players in this city, one of them is right inside a workshop.

You agree with me that it makes no sense to advertise a competitor workshop inside another one right? OK!

To get around this situation, it is enough that instead of scheduling the announcement of this workshop for the group of players in the city, it is scheduled individually for aaaall 9 players, with the exception of the player who is inside the workshop.

It is not the best way to do this, but the problem has been solved right?

Now, as everyone knows, there is not only one restriction, there are several, and making these group and individual appointments for each establishment that has restrictions causes a big mess in our shed, in addition to making maintenance difficult.
Whenever a new player is added or changes its place, all schedules must be reviewed.

The solution I have for this problem is to create a BLACK LIST OF LAYOUTS, based on Tags.

SOLUTION

In each Layout, a Tag will be added that represents the segment of the advertisement that is contained in it.

And in the players there will be a blacklist area, where it will be possible to add the Layouts Tags that should be ignored in this player.

In this way, it is enough to schedule Layouts for the group of players 1 only once so that they can be played only in the players in which it should be played, without worrying about display restrictions because they will be done automatically.

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning: :v: :clap:

What yout thing about it?

I believe that this will be another great resource that will increase the productivity of xibo users with a simple implementation using the Tags, excellent resources that are already available.

1 Like