Background Displacement Behind Regions on Windows Client

Hi There!

Loving Xibo so far, but hit a frustrating issue. Sometimes (not always, it’s about 75% of the time) when a layout loads, the background does not load correctly behind some regions. It’s oddly displaced for some reason.

This is how it looks (company names have been intentionally pixelated, so ignore that):

The background is a .jpg file and I am using the Windows Client. The layout looks fine when previewed in Chrome and IE.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rich

Here is how it SHOULD look!

The white area behind the graph at the bottom left is actually part of the background image, I had to put it there because the website it always transparent and it became unreadable.

Rich

Which version CMS & Client are you using?

I’ve seen such behaviour in the past, when the client’s display unexpectedly changed resolution. To emulate transparency, an element’s background is captured clip of the layout background image. If the screen resolution then changes, the element’s background no longer matches the layout’s background.

I’m on 1.8.1 for both CMS and client. Display resolution is 1920x1080 (and hasn’t changed / isn’t changing). Display size is set to 100%.

Could you double check that IE11 is installed and that you have correct entries in the Windows registry regarding browser emulation?

You could also specify the display resolution in the Display profile (should not be necessary, but won’t break anything either).

I MAY have fixed this with a GFX driver update. Will do some more testing tomorrow on units which haven’t been updated and get back to you!

Right! After messing around with registry values and graphics drivers, I can confirm that RLaurette was right all along :stuck_out_tongue:

It turns out that if the page was rendered / cached when display scaling is set to 150%, and then display scaling is lowered (I’m setting it to 100% so Powerpoints display correctly) it causes this background displacement to happen.

Simple fix, delete the Xibo Library cache from the client and let it re-build, problem solved!

Thanks for the help guys!

Rich