Auto updating datasets and conditional formating

Ok, my customer is currently building a Google Present document to share on a chromecast. Among the many features we are changing to Xibo for, the one thing they need to do is present 2 separate simple spreadsheets, which they currently copy paste into a presentation. I would love a way to export the data from the existing spreadsheet into a csv then quickly or better yet auto update that into a region on the proper layout. Colored conditional formating would be even better, because these are sales/production goals based on % of the goal.
Any guidance would be great.

If you can have that in .csv format, then you can use dataSets in Xibo, create required columns and then import the .csv there.

Then you can use either Ticker module with dataSet source or dataSet View module to show the information from the dataSet.

As for the operations on existing columns, you can have a Formula column in dataSet that will make operations on the selected columns and show the output of it.

There are several examples here on the Xibo community site, something like this one might be of interest to you - Dataset Formula to Calculate Percentage

Is there any kind of list of accepted code/formula details or is it keyed to a specific web standard?

I’ve looked through the examples, and played with it a bit myself. Only think I don’t see is a good way to format the colors of the cells and use borders. Any suggestions?

I hope this won’t seem flippant, but have you looked into using CSS? For example, here’s some CSS that I’ve used with a Dataset:

body {
  background-color: #edf6fd;
}

table.DataSetTable {
  font-family: Roboto;
  font-size: 80px;
  width: 1132px;
  background-color: #edf6fd;
}

tr.HeaderRow {

}

tr#row_1 {

}

td#column_1 {
  width: 800px;
  font-weight: 300;
}

td.DataSetColumn {
  text-align: right;
  font-weight: 700;
}

tr.DataSetRow {

}

tr.DataSetRowOdd {
  background-color: #c3dff5;
}

tr.DataSetRowEven {

}

th.DataSetColumnHeaderCell {

}

span#1_1 {

}

span.DataSetColumnSpan {

}

Oh no, no worries on that. CSS is outside of my wheelhouse, and I have asked someone to look at it for me, but he is usually quite busy. Thanks for that code, I should be able to extrapolate the basics of what I need from that, but I don’t see a direct way to take the value of the cell as the cue for the cell color. JavaScript?

Ooo, I see what you mean. Yes, I’d look into JavaScript.