API call: PUT Text in widgetId BUT Splashscreen

Hello everybody,

i am using Postman to put a new text in an widgetId aka. textbox. This works all fine but

1. It takes 3 Minutes after i send the API call to effect something on my Xibo Player System and
  2. It shows the Splash Screen for 30 seconds.
  3. After the 30. second splash screen it is changed succesfully on the Player.

Is there any way to do that faster? Because the layout changed instantly in my cms web overview.
And that it shows the splash screen is really not that good. Is there any way to avoid that? <- that would be really good! :slight_smile:

Hope you can help me :slight_smile:

1. When you change content in the CMS, the Player needs to poll the CMS for the updated content before it will know about the change. With 1.8 series, if you have XMR configured and a suitable Player, that time can be reduced significantly.

2. This is because you’re using the default layout to show content. Please don’t do that. The default layout is there for exactly this scenario. It should be a simple image, a company logo for example, with a short duration. All your content should come down via the schedule.