Android player XMR support

Hi,

I have Xibo running on Ubuntu 16.04 using Docker. I successfully got XMR going with a Windows client, but I cannot get XMR going on my android player. I was digging around on the forums and found a thread from last August (What is the right way to configure XMR on CMS and Player?). It mentions the android player does not support XMR. Does the android player support XMR yet?

Thanks,
Tobyn

Yes, Xibo for Android v1.8 (all releases) supports XMR.

If it XMR is working on your Windows Player attached to the CMS, then it should do so also on Android. If it isnā€™t try first resetting the XMR configuration for that display. So Displays page in the CMS, edit the Android display, and on the last tab, tick the box ā€œReconfigure XMRā€ and then save.

Wait for the Player to collect from the CMS, or restart the Player, then test XMR again.

Hi,

I was able to update my Android player to the latest version, and now xibo reports that Xmr is registered for that display. However, the player doesnt seem to be responding. If I request a screenshot, I get nothing. Or if I change the displayed layout, it doesnā€™t change immediately. Any idea what else could be going on? Is it possible the CMS isnā€™t talking with Xmr internal in my server? On the firewall, only 80 and 9505 were opened. I am using the docker install on a new Ubuntu installation.

Thanks,
Tobyn

You can try ā€˜Reconfigure XMRā€™ action in the Edit display -> advanced tab and wait for the player to reconnect (so the XMR registered column changes to checkmark).

If youā€™re sending XMR command to the player and if it does not work, then Iā€™d expect to see an error about it on the player status window / CMS logs for that player - you could check those and see if it complains about something.

Hi,

Iā€™ve issued the Reconfigure XMR to the display, but XMR still isnā€™t functioning. Looking at the display stats, I see two messages:

Unable to start XMR queue: class org.b.f/Errno 43
XMR unresponsive, issue reconfigure.

I checked the status screen on the android player, and saw the ā€œXMR unresponsive, issue reconfigure.ā€ message once as well. Iā€™ve checked port 9505 on my CMS from a different machine on the network (using Windows powershell command Test-NetConnection command) and saw that it is open.

I enabled auditing on that display. Below are screenshots of my CMS logs. Iā€™m not seeing anything obvious beyond the error message listed above.

Thanks,
Tobyn

You have your XMR public address configured as http rather than tcp

Ah. That was it. Thanks!

Tobyn

1 Like