Android player V300 stange behaviour when pressing non interactive regions

Android client V300. On Samsung tablet Tab A , Android V11 .

The Interactieve function works fine, but when I tick outside an interactive region, the client shirks and shows the menu bars in the footer and top.
I think that this behavior looks weird and it is an issue for improvement.

Kind regards,
Jules

Hi evaret, thank you for your message. It sounds like you have the action bar set to appear, which is why it is revealed when you click on a non interactive region of your layout. To stop this from happening, please follow these instructions:

• Click the button at the end of the entry for your player and choose Edit from the menu.
  • When the Edit Display window opens, please go to the Profile Settings tab.
  • You will see an option named Action Bar Mode, please change this to Hide:

• Save to confirm the change.

You will need to wait for your player to connect to your CMS and receive this change before the action bar menu will stop appearing when you click on the screen. Can you confirm if this provides the solution you are looking for?

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for the quick reply.

If I set it to hide, than the Xibo action bar does not longer appear indeed, but the Android in the footer still does ( the 3 well-known Icons)

· When hidden , there is no other way to open the action bar to check the status ?

· What does “Run Intent” mean ? I see no difference.

Thank you for your reply. In your original message you mentioned that when I tick outside an interactive region, the client shirks and shows the menu bars in the footer and top. I think that this behavior looks weird and it is an issue for improvement. By setting the action bar to hide, you will no longer see the action bar menu when you click on the screen. If you need to access that bar, you can re-enable it in the profile settings.
Alternatively, you can connect a keyboard to your device and click the i key to access the status page. Please also note that you can request the status log information remotely via your CMS. More details on how to do that are in this link.

The navigation bar at the bottom of the screen, with the back, home and recent apps buttons, is part of the Android OS so cannot be controlled using Xibo. Some Android devices allow you to hide the navigation bar by going to the System settings, then locate the Display menu. Is there an option there named Navigation bar? If yes, you can configure how the button will appear at the bottom of the screen, possibly even hide them completely. This is device dependant so I hope your Samsung Tab A has this option available.

The Run Intent option is a feature in Xibo for Android, which can be used to configure an intent action/command to run when clicking on the screen. An example of an Intent command would be creating an intent that would cause another app to open on the device if the screen is clicked. Here is a link to the documentation if you would like to know more. The information is under the Helpers section.

Many Thanks.

Hi Dan,

That is clear about the status bar, I know the i-key from the Windows client. Maybe a double or triple click could be an idea to trigger the Xibo action bar on Android.
In the Samsung settings it is possible to change de navigation bar into a swipe/gesture mode , then only a small bar is shown at the bottom.

Thanks,
Jules

Hi evaret/Jules,

Your suggestion for an option to have a double or triple click to access the action bar is interesting. I will inform the developers about this as feedback so they can consider this as a feature in a future release. It doesn’t guarantee it will be added but it’s good to hear from v3 users and what might be improved with the players/functionality. There is also a features page on the community forum where you can state a case for a feature to be added.

I’m glad your device has the navigation bar options, not all devices can do that. Hopefully this is a suitable solution for you.

Many Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.