Android kill app command

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew what the command would be to kill the Xibo app and let it restart itself on an Android device? I’m using the DSCS9 device from the recommended players page.

Thanks!
Ben

As I understand it, if you killed the app, it wouldn’t be able to restart itself, because by definition you’ve killed it.

What are you trying to achieve by restarting the app?

It’s more just as a last resort action if the player freezes or whathave you. I’ve got the reboot one working but just wondered if an “app restart” was possible.

Thanks,
Ben

If the Player app freezes, then it won’t be able to receive the instructions to restart itself :slight_smile:

If it’s responsive at all, then a reboot would be the best you could achieve I think.

Cool, thanks for the assist!

Ben

Hi Peter, there is a way to restart the xibo application, since I have a layout with a web page and sometimes the page does not load as it should, and the problem is solved by closing and opening the xibo application.

of course sending some remote command

If you killed the Player application by remote command, nothing would then restart it.

What you’d need to do is restart the device. You can send a reboot command via XMR.

Hi Alex, how can I do that?

I have the version of Android 4.4.4
Xibo Apk the last one.

Please help.

Another question: is there any way to send a command outside the xibo cloud website to restart the player?

I have a website where people control all the information that is displayed in the xibo application, but sometimes the web page that I show in the xibo application freezes.

what I want is on my web page to add a button that when pressing it will send some command to xibo to restart the computer.

Jean Carlos Moure

President

Digital Touch Media LLC.

Santo Domingo st. Bayamón PR 00961

Cel: (787) 373-7643

E-Mail : jmoure@dtouchmedia.net

Web: www.dtouchmedia.net

“Los grandes logros requieren tiempo.”

–Maya Angelou

Este e-mail y toda la información contenida en el mismo, esta protegida por las leyes de los estados unidos. Este e-mail no debe ser abierto ni copiado por ninguna persona excepto el destinatario. En caso de haber recibido este e-mail por un error, por favor avise al emisor y bórrelo. Las opiniones expresadas en este e-mail son responsabilidad total del emisor y no de Digital Touch Media LLC.

This E-mail message and any information in itself, it’s legally protected and it is confidential. This e-mail mustn’t be open or copy by anyone other than the person that is destined for. If by mistake someone other than the person that is destined for, receives it, please let the sender know about the mistake and erased it. The opinions written in this e-mail are a responsibility of the sender and not of Digital Touch Media LLC.

1 Like

The exact command varies from device to device. You’d need to ask the device manufacturer what the correct command to run is.

Assuming the device is rooted, or you’re running with a system-signed APK, then one of the following is likely to work:

svc power reboot
am start -a android.intent.action.ACTION_REQUEST_REBOOT
setprop sys.powerctl reboot
reboot

Hi Alex i have this new error

Jean Carlos Moure

President

Digital Touch Media LLC.

–Maya Angelou

Este e-mail y toda la información contenida en el mismo, esta protegida por las leyes de los estados unidos. Este e-mail no debe ser abierto ni copiado por ninguna persona excepto el destinatario. En caso de haber recibido este e-mail por un error, por favor avise al emisor y bórrelo. Las opiniones expresadas en este e-mail son responsabilidad total del emisor y no de Digital Touch Media LLC.

This E-mail message and any information in itself, it’s legally protected and it is confidential. This e-mail mustn’t be open or copy by anyone other than the person that is destined for. If by mistake someone other than the person that is destined for, receives it, please let the sender know about the mistake and erased it. The opinions written in this e-mail are a responsibility of the sender and not of Digital Touch Media LLC.

Which of those is “new”.

I don’t see any of them can relate to a scheduled or push command.

those mistakes are new,
What do these errors mean?
The Schedule has been downloaded, but it is invalid. E = Unexpected end of document

This error you previously told me to remove the email from the conf area of the screens.
Discarding Notification ID 858 as no email address could be resolved.

What do I need to do to solve them?

thanks Alex.

Jean Carlos Moure

President

Digital Touch Media LLC.

–Maya Angelou

If this is on a Cloud account, then I’d email our service desk where we can look at your CMS together and figure out what the issue is.

The Schedule has been downloaded, but it is invalid. E = Unexpected end of document means the Player thinks that what is being sent via the schedule is invalid, and so is rejecting it.

The discarding notification could be something as simple as a user with no email address set, who is set to receive notification emails.

If it is a Cloud account, then email support@springsignage.com and we can look in to it with you.