Android downgrade

Hi,
I upgraded too fast from 1.8 R103 to R104 on most of my DSCS9 devices, and now the ticker is shown blank.
Before debugging the problem, I tried to downgrade back to R103, but it seems to not work.
Is it possible to downgrade?

Yes, it should be possible to downgrade, you should be able to do that via CMS ie assign R103 in the Version Information for your DSCS9.

That being said, I don’t think there is a general issue with R104 and tickers, I’d expect them to work just fine - do you see any errors on the player status window / CMS log about tickers?
On Manage page are the ticker resources displayed as downloaded?

Yes, it should be possible to downgrade, you should be able to do that via CMS ie assign R103 in the Version Information for your DSCS9.

I confirm that downgrading works. I have some players which do not, but I think it’s a matter of patience.

That being said, I don’t think there is a general issue with R104 and tickers, I’d expect them to work just fine - do you see any errors on the player status window / CMS log about tickers?

I’ll now test upgrade two players I have in office, and I’ll let you know.

On Manage page are the ticker resources displayed as downloaded?

Yes

That’s strange then, could you run ‘Verify all’ on Modules page and perhaps clear the cache for ticker widget - ensure that in CMS layout designer it does return the data correctly, then look at the player?

Failing that, as you have a device in your office to test it, you may want to enable auditing on it to get more logs from the device.

Hi Peter, sorry for not giving more feedback but locally everything was ok.
I have now installed .105 on four of my devices, and it seems ok.

I’ll wait some days before deploying it on all devices.

Thanks
Stefano

1 Like