Android Bug, starting Exoplayer

Good Morning. Maybe a Bug: Trying to stream RTSP (normal Videos work)

Method: XFA:ExoVideoMedia. Message: StartedCheck. We should have started by now, force expiring…

Did it work before? or is this new?

it work on other players. This is new try with a android 9 player

Hi Sasch90. Could you try switching the video engine to Android Media Player instead and confirm if the same issue occurs?
You can switch to AMP by downgrading to a version 2 player, or by changing the engine in a version 3 CMS using the override options

• Go to the Displays menu in your CMS.
  • Click the button at the end of the entry for your display and choose Edit from the menu.
  • Go to the Profile Settings or Settings tab and scroll down to the video engine option.
  • Click the grey override box and set it to Android Media Player.
  • Save to confirm.

You will need to wait for your display to connect to your CMS to receive the change of setting. Afterwards, please restart the player to refresh the player and confirm if the issue persists.

Many Thanks.

oh, new error and after 1min “… isn’t responding” error

Looks like the same issue i have @DanBW

Thank you both for your replies about this. Is your RTSP stream accessible across the internet? If yes, could you provide the URL for the stream so I can test and replicate this on my setup?

Many Thanks.

Oh, it’s a security cam (local network) . But i have another player with no error.
Also i tried the demo RTSP (google: WOWZA) and it’s playing with no errors on this player.

Thank you for letting me know it is for a security camera on a local network. Can you also confirm what your surface view settings are for this display? You should be able to locate this in the profile settings for the display.

Many Thanks.

hi @DanBW, i tried it now with surfaceview with exo and default Mediaplayer. getting the same errors

Thank you for the update sasc90. I realised you haven’t confirmed what revision of version 3 you are using. Please can you confirm the full version code for your display? It will be at the top of your status screenshot.

Many Thanks.

Hi @DanBW thank you for the Answer. i tried it now with R309, R304, R303 and also 214 (here, no error but also black widget)

I think both errors point to broadly the same thing, which is to say that the stream isn’t getting initialised correctly by the underlying decoder.

Would you mind checking your RTSP stream for compatibility with the details given by ExoPlayer?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.