After few loops - Layout Unsafe error

Windows 10, Player 256.7 - CMS 2.3.8 docker installation

Using “videoWall” solution of 2 starched displays, content is playing well for couple of loops.
then layout return to Logo with error “Layout Unsafe”
I have tried to transcode the media (3 concurrent videos) to lower bitrate (based on Core-i5) without any luck

Layout has 3 regions and content resolution match the regions:
360x480px
480x960px
2400x135px

Error: 2021-02-22 14:21:25VideoMediaElement_Loaded: 3526 Open not called after 4 seconds, marking unsafe and Expiring.

full player auditing logs:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!AiwZQTgZ6_5rjfFJcECFq172b28yzg?e=igbX1G

Downgraded to version 255.3 - this doesnt seems to happen there.
tested on 2 different PC, both produce this error on 256.7
downgrading to 255.3 - no error appear anymore - same layout, same display settings…

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Delayed response, but we created an issue for this here:

Between 255/256 we added a lock check to ensure that videos started in a timely fashion (4 seconds), to cater for cases where a video failed to load and notify Xibo, leading to a “stuck” black screen.

It seems that in your case though 4 seconds is not long enough - perhaps due to the nature of the layout containing many videos.

As this is a lock, I see no issue increasing that time out beyond that to say 10 seconds to see if that solves the problem. We will also add a local setting called videoStartTimeout which you can adjust if 10 seconds still isn’t enough.